Confidence and Success > Fitness/Diet

What is your fitness routine

(1/5) > >>

BBCESQ:
So I have been working on getting into shape for the past couple of years, and I spent about a year and a half doing lots of cardio and conditioning work.  For the last 4 months or so, I've been focusing on lifting.  Right now I am at the end of week 13 of Stronglifts 5x5 and could not be happier with my progress.  In addition to the 5x5 I have been focusing on compound accessory work like dips and pull ups.  Things are heading in the right direction although I am far from where I want to be.

What is your fitness routine and how is it working for you?

slybeard:
I have been on about a three year journey to get myself in better shape.  I started with cleaning up my diet, which for me was reducing carbs and portions.  I also started cardio (primarily walking and jogging on a tread mill), working myself up to over three miles of running on a treadmill.  I also include a light weight lifting workout.  I had to stop the running last year due to a bad stress fracture in my foot, so I increased my weight lifting intensity and frequency.  I lost about 30 pounds and dropped 5 - 6 inches from my waist in the first two years.  Now I have gained back over 20 pounds, but in the right places.  I have maintained my lower waist line, but gained muscle in my chest, back, arms, and legs.

-Doug-:
I started Insanity in the fall and loved it. I am now on the second phase of a similar workout routine. It by the same group that makes insanity. It's T25 and I just started the beta round.

Jungle Juice:
COOL!! I've been at it for 2years. I went from 262lbs to 185lbs(Intermitted fasting diet) for a year and a 1/2(lost it fast).Now I'm back at 226lbs doing 5x5 heavy weight lifting and eating lots of bread and dairy again(weakness) which got me looking like a swole beer drinker and I don't drink.2014 I'm getting back lean but no less than 200lbs.Sticking with the 5x5 workouts, but of course changing diet.My routine on Monday(upper body)Wednesday(legs) Friday(upper body)Good luck fellas, wish you nothing but the best..

BBCESQ:
Great job, Guys.  Find something that you like and keep it up.  The payoff is amazing. 

--- Quote from: Jungle Juice on December 31, 2013, 10:44:17 AM ---COOL!! I've been at it for 2years. I went from 262lbs to 185lbs(Intermitted fasting diet) for a year and a 1/2(lost it fast).Now I'm back at 226lbs doing 5x5 heavy weight lifting and eating lots of bread and dairy again(weakness) which got me looking like a swole beer drinker and I don't drink.2014 I'm getting back lean but no less than 200lbs.Sticking with the 5x5 workouts, but of course changing diet.My routine on Monday(upper body)Wednesday(legs) Friday(upper body)Good luck fellas, wish you nothing but the best..

--- End quote ---

I'm really liking the 5x5.  I went from 260 to 157 in about 2 years counting calories and over the past year or so I've made it back to 195 because I like carbs and junk food.  While I never quit working out, my diet was sh*t.  My goal for the 1st 6 months of 2014 is to get down to about 10% body fat so I can see what that looks like.  After that, I'm not sure. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version