Discussions About Being Bald > Reactions to being Bald

Reactions I have gotten

(1/4) > >>

Daven:
Ok, so since I shaved last Saturday, I have only been to one store once. I am disabled and stay home much of the time. but I sent out pictures on my facebook and email to my friends and family.

Brother-in-law: "The coneheads want you back"
Mother:  " I like it a lot, but your father CAN NOT shave his"
Father: "I really like it and want to do mine"  (he barely has any hair anyway)
14 y/o niece:  "you look like and egg"
20 y/o nephew: "holy mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Friends generally like it, at least that's what they are saying to me. Only one doesn't and he is opinionated.
Sly friends:  well duh, they love it. "welcome to the club"
I will post replies when I get out there and really show it off.  Still getting used to it myself.

clint902:
Sorry for pulling up a 10 year old thread but I had to say this.  I've seen all sorts of hair things out there with different colors and streaks, sparkles but they all had hair but I know a couple of people that have an issue with my bald head so what's with that?  I'm thinking people would more likely accept my do if I dyed it pink or something.  I just don't get it.

slybeard:

--- Quote from: clint902 on May 10, 2021, 10:12:39 AM ---Sorry for pulling up a 10 year old thread but I had to say this.  I've seen all sorts of hair things out there with different colors and streaks, sparkles but they all had hair but I know a couple of people that have an issue with my bald head so what's with that?  I'm thinking people would more likely accept my do if I dyed it pink or something.  I just don't get it.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention the facial tattoos and piercings.  I do not have anything against those if guys want them, but why is a shaved hairstyle so unacceptable to the people that seem OK with all the other style choices?

reddog:
@slybeard , I agree!

@clint902 , those naysayers are just jealous because you look so good!

chuck63:
I visited my mother for Mother’s Day yesterday.  She gave me grief about my bald head the whole time I was there.  I’ve had a few fellow bald guys I’ve run into compliment my haircut recently!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version