Various Non-Bald Discussions > General Discussion

Something to think about.

(1/7) > >>

buuckkweet:
Hi SLY Brothers!

Around the middle of October, one of my friends did something VERY foolish by his own hand.  He made the decision to drink and drive. 

VERY FORTUNATE no one was injured because it was a one vehicle accident. 

His truck is trashed. 

He HAD a CDL license.

He is driving on a temporary license that he will have to surrender soon. 

His Mom and Dad are shelling out a lot of $$$ for a lawyer for legal representation. 

The county that this incident took place in is VERY strict on DUI offenders. 

Basically........the court is going to drop the hammer on him.

All of his parent's $$$ can't help him. 

December 13th is his court date. 

This is not going to go away overnight. 

His troubles are just beginning.

So the next time you have a few drinks, use your cell phone and call for a ride, or appoint a designated driver. 

tomgallagher:
Very sound advice. The old adage that you will reap what you sow usually comes back to haunt us.

wpruitt:
GOOD POST.  This is really something to think about.  I made, with the holdays here, this is a sticky.  Hope some people benefit from your friend's misfortune.

Arnie:
I can relate...good post.  I'm still dealing with the financial fall out from my EX's 2nd DUI.  She is in prison now.  She was out "partying" and other things(off and on for a month or so) with her DUI instructor(Group Dynamics is a required course for DUI offenders in Wisconsin)...and was leaving his house when she nearly killed a man and injured several others.  Of course she fled because a married(at the time) woman had now business being where she was at the time.  I didn't know the truth until after I bailed her out and retained her lawyer.

I am thankful to have her out of my life and it is a Blessing...

Ironcially, the last I heard, the technical college that he is employed at doesn't let him instruct anymore, but put him in charge of Traffic Safety.  When I asked them(as per my lawyer) to offset some of the cost in this, their dialogue abruptly ended with me...

But the money is nothing compared to other's losses or what could have been...

Just a few weeks ago, no more than 3 miles from my home on a road I travel a lot...a drunk driver, at 7am in the morning...swerved into the other lane and caused a crash.  A mother and one of her two children were injured...but her other boy, probably on their way to school...died at the scene.  I believe he was 8 years old.

Natedawg:
Thanks for posting this. It cannot ever be stressed enough.

I'm guilty of doing it.... once. I was 17, and had just bonged a few beers at a friend's house before I had to leave for work (that's a teenager's sense of responsibility for ya). That was the scariest drive of my life. I was in and out. It felt like I had next to no control of the car. Luckily, I made it to work OK, but I don't know how...
That was enough for me to learn my lesson. Over 10 years later, and I have never even attempted to do it again. Never will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version