Author Topic: JSECoin banner  (Read 7485 times)

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
JSECoin banner
« on: March 28, 2018, 10:46:40 AM »
Hi @Tyler, is there a way to get rid of the JSEcoin banner that now appears at login?
Thanks

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: JSECoin banner
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:50:14 AM »
If you click the Continue button it will not show anymore.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 04:45:42 PM »
Actually it does. It’s been coming up every time I move from one post to another as well as when I go to respond to a post. It’s really annoying.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »
@Hingatao what browser are you using?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 05:11:21 PM »
Safari. And I hit “continue” every time the banner comes up.
Hair is over rated.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 07:57:41 AM »
This is also showing up as an attack according to Norton when I am on the computer. It is described by Norton as JSCoinminer.website (JSE Coin) and it is apparently trying to get into other programs on my computer. So far Norton has been blocking the attacks. But this is a bit disturbing and it literally happens dozens of times a day and is not limited to the times that I am looking at SBG. I'm starting to wonder if I need to delete SBG from my computer to stop this once and for all.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:01:24 AM »
This is also showing up as an attack according to Norton when I am on the computer. It is described by Norton as JSCoinminer.website (JSE Coin) and it is apparently trying to get into other programs on my computer. So far Norton has been blocking the attacks. But this is a bit disturbing and it literally happens dozens of times a day and is not limited to the times that I am looking at SBG. I'm starting to wonder if I need to delete SBG from my computer to stop this once and for all.

JSECoin is not harmful to your computer at all. Norton has inappropriately mislabeled it because they have confused it with services that mine cryptocurrency without notifying the user. As the banner states, you can always opt-out of the mining.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:31:23 AM »
I'm a little leery about hitting the "continue" button as it says on the banner "by continuing you agree to..........". No, I don't agree to anything, especially not what JSE considers "surplus resources".
If there was nothing nefarious about it the thing would not be in my face 24-7. Too many scams out there today to allow something that looks even remotely like a scam a hair's breadth of access. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 12:00:24 PM »
I'm a little leery about hitting the "continue" button as it says on the banner "by continuing you agree to..........". No, I don't agree to anything, especially not what JSE considers "surplus resources".
If there was nothing nefarious about it the thing would not be in my face 24-7. Too many scams out there today to allow something that looks even remotely like a scam a hair's breadth of access. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I've invested too much into SBG to put anything on the site that would knowingly cause harm to the visitors of the site.

If you're really concerned you can opt-out by going to this link and clicking the link to opt-out. https://jsecoin.com/en/legal/privacyPolicy/

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 11:13:13 PM »
Are you guys still seeing the banner despite hitting the continue button?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 12:49:36 AM »
That is why the only time I can log into the board is when I am using a desk top computer as opposed to my IPAD.

And I sure as heck am not going to knowing go to another website and "enter" my email address into it just to that I can ostensiblyh "opt out" or something I have never "opted IN" to!  Giving out my email address to someone like these clowns would be stupid.

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 08:22:16 PM »
If you click on continue you are giving it permission to use your computer to "mine" for bit coins. ???   I think it is time to move your forum elsewhere, if that is so.
shine and share

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 10:43:35 AM »
That is why the only time I can log into the board is when I am using a desk top computer as opposed to my IPAD.

And I sure as heck am not going to knowing go to another website and "enter" my email address into it just to that I can ostensiblyh "opt out" or something I have never "opted IN" to!  Giving out my email address to someone like these clowns would be stupid.

There is no requirement to enter your email address to opt-out. You just have to click on a link.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 10:45:20 AM »
If you click on continue you are giving it permission to use your computer to "mine" for bit coins. ???   I think it is time to move your forum elsewhere, if that is so.

It's less harmful than any ads that would run on the forum and you can opt-out as I mentioned above.  It will NOT mine if you don't opt-in.

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 01:31:23 PM »
For me, running Chrome, it doesn't remember that I opted out. Every time I close my browser and go back to SBG, I have to opt out again - every time. Symantec anti-virus pops up a message every time I visit SBG.