Author Topic: Ouch !!!  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Jim1815

• Learning the way of Sly
Ouch !!!
« on: November 11, 2020, 01:54:50 PM »
It seemed like a good idea at the time to try and shave my head with an open razor. I won't be trying again any time soon. I'll go back to using my trusted Gilette Sensor instead

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Ouch !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 05:11:39 PM »
Open razor? You mean the single slit throat or the double edge?

Offline Jim1815

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 10:30:29 PM »
Cut throat style (think it's called a shavette).

It looks a lot worse than it actually is. It just needs a clean up of the dried blood and will soon heal

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »
Oh my lawd!  Looks like a failed suicide attempt!  Unbelievable!

Offline Bizarro

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 12:41:44 PM »
Dont try to shave your balls!! :P

Just let it grow and let it heal it completely. Many years ago I used to wound myself in time to time.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 08:15:21 PM »
Man ! Throw that thing away. Actually for awhile I thought of trying a shavette for my face , but I gave up that idea.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:21:10 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 10:30:04 PM »
Oh please don’t try to do that again I’m a barber and even I don’t like having to do face shaves with the shavette.   I know you see Guy shave them selves with a straight razor on YouTube but let me tell you if you’re not standing over the person so that you can see exactly the angle of the blade and keeping the skin at the right tension etc. etc. it is really easy to do some serious damage ,

I am a barber and I use a triple bladed razor or or or use the electric razor  on my own head !

You look so damn good with a nice clean shave,  you don’t have to prove anything to anybody by using a straight razor!

Offline Jim1815

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 05:54:31 AM »
I learned the hard way 😁
It's something I won't do again. It's just a matter of waiting for things to heal and I can then shave my head again

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 11:07:19 AM »
Oh please don’t try to do that again I’m a barber and even I don’t like having to do face shaves with the shavette.   I know you see Guy shave them selves with a straight razor on YouTube but let me tell you if you’re not standing over the person so that you can see exactly the angle of the blade and keeping the skin at the right tension etc. etc. it is really easy to do some serious damage ,

I am a barber and I use a triple bladed razor or or or use the electric razor  on my own head !

You look so damn good with a nice clean shave,  you don’t have to prove anything to anybody by using a straight razor!

Which electric shave do you use for your head?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 09:36:12 PM »

Are use the Andis lithium profile it’s made by the Andis Barber tool company it’s not expensive and what’s nice about it is that if the blades or the foil we’re out you can get a complete new head for only about $30 !   Once you’ve charged the charge will last almost 2 weeks

2 hints  for using an electric shaver on your head :

1.  Unlike wet shaving where you want the skin to be soft and wet, when you dry shave you want the skin to be very dry and the  hair to be very dry but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be clean.  If you try shaving your head when you come home for work and there’s oil and Sebum in your pores it’s not going to do a good job it’s also not gonna run over your skin very well

2.   If the foil sticks to the skin try using a light coat of powder on the skin before you shave that’s what barbers do .   The powder acts to dry the skin it also acts like 1000,000 ball bearings between the foil and your skin and lets the less the foil glide smoothly

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 04:59:13 AM »

Are use the Andis lithium profile it’s made by the Andis Barber tool company it’s not expensive and what’s nice about it is that if the blades or the foil we’re out you can get a complete new head for only about $30 !   Once you’ve charged the charge will last almost 2 weeks

2 hints  for using an electric shaver on your head :

1.  Unlike wet shaving where you want the skin to be soft and wet, when you dry shave you want the skin to be very dry and the  hair to be very dry but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be clean.  If you try shaving your head when you come home for work and there’s oil and Sebum in your pores it’s not going to do a good job it’s also not gonna run over your skin very well

2.   If the foil sticks to the skin try using a light coat of powder on the skin before you shave that’s what barbers do .   The powder acts to dry the skin it also acts like 1000,000 ball bearings between the foil and your skin and lets the less the foil glide smoothly

Many thanks my friend