Author Topic: Tan lines  (Read 4095 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Tan lines
« on: August 02, 2021, 11:42:06 AM »
 :XX

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Tan lines
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 11:53:25 AM »
Now you have to get that evened out!

LuckiLy, I got the French side of the family complexion instead of the Irish side. I only get a line in front of my ears from sunglasses.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 01:52:33 PM »
I couldn’t believe how white my head was after the first time I shaved it.  Now my tanned bald head matches the rest
of me. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 01:55:10 PM »
Now you have to get that evened out!

LuckiLy, I got the French side of the family complexion instead of the Irish side. I only get a line in front of my ears from sunglasses.

I guess I’ll have to put some sunscreen on my head and go without a hat for a little while and see if that helps.  I hate putting sunscreen on my head.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 11:56:19 AM »
I don't spend much time in direct sunlight so I don't wear a hat or use sunscreen but Bee Bald does have a moisturizer that has spf15 in it.  I just spend enough time in the sun to get a nice even tan on my head but not more than a few minutes a day.  I still have a couple of white lines where my sunglasses go.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 01:28:09 PM »
I slapped on some sunscreen and went for a walk without a hat. I felt naked.  It’s not that I like wearing hats but I’ve made it a point to never go outdoors without one so the dome stays protected.  But for now, I have to even out this color a bit.  It looks like I have a bandage stuck to the back of my head.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 02:55:28 AM »
I new a guy that wore a baseball cap that had those little rivet holes in it.  Well, he went to a baseball game and when he got home, he had a bunch of little red dots on his head.  I can hardly see the tan line you have.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 07:24:40 AM »
The toughest part about being bald headed in the summer are preventing funny tan lines. If it’s a hat, it’s a bucket hat. I try to skip out on baseball caps to prevent bad tan lines. With a cycling helmet, i wear a handkerchief on my head with the cycling helmet over it.

I always use a lot of sunscreen like SPF50 when doing recreational activities outside. But on a daily basis i also use an Aveeno moisturizer with SPF15. That dries clear.

A lot of sunscreens just don’t dry clear. And if you don’t shave that day, the sunscreen clings to the stubble leaving white patches.

What’s your favorite sunscreen?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 07:57:34 AM »
I never really liked wearing hats and rarely do.  But I do see those baseball hat tan lines frequently, even for guys with close buzz cuts or faded hairstyles.
SlyBeard

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 10:34:45 AM »
The toughest part about being bald headed in the summer are preventing funny tan lines. If it’s a hat, it’s a bucket hat. I try to skip out on baseball caps to prevent bad tan lines. With a cycling helmet, i wear a handkerchief on my head with the cycling helmet over it.

I always use a lot of  like SPF50 when doing recreational activities outside. But on a daily basis i also use an  moisturizer with SPF15. That dries clear.

A lot of s just don’t dry clear. And if you don’t shave that day, the  clings to the stubble leaving white patches.

What’s your favorite ?

No sunblock on head , just a wide brim hat during midday . When the sun is not high in the sky or it is cloudy, then no hat. This way I get color but no burn , especially not to the top of my head.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2021, 09:01:53 AM »
That's why I prefer fitted caps....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2021, 12:48:15 PM »
Yeah I just reshaved my head from not shaving it most of the summer, and yeah it's got some funky tan lines lol

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 06:21:16 AM »

I play a lot of golf, so this is a constant battle.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2021, 01:39:02 PM »
@MoonageDaydream, I feel your pain!  ;D