Author Topic: Does it get easier?  (Read 13316 times)

Offline tinca-tinca

• Learning the way of Sly
Does it get easier?
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:44:46 PM »
New, been lurking for many years.

I started losing my hair in my mid-20s. Went from buzzing my hair to zero grade soon as. I know for me my life has done a 180 since. I'd hoped that as I got older I'd of met women who weren't that put off by it. I'm in my 40s now haven't dated since. Do you have to change your outlook and expectations? I find it quite difficult.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Does it get easier?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 01:11:22 AM »
Are you saying that now that you've started shaving that you're not able to get a date?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline coolbro1998

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Lose your hair, not your balls.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 02:10:34 PM »
I am only 19 so I dont have so much experience, but I was balding since 17 years and when i noticed that I was balding I shaved my hair very short, and at that time my girlfriend noticed that I am balding and asked me about it, she said that she would liked more if I was not balding but it was not a major problem :) and we break after year and a half not because I was balding but because we go to study in separate towns.

What I can say now is that, yes a lot of girls specially my age do not want a balding guy, but mostly its not because its a turn off, but its because they always feel insecure of what others will think. However that thare are a lot of confident women who do not care of what others think and would love person for what he is, and when I will find one I will not let her go that easly  O:O

Offline coolbro1998

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Lose your hair, not your balls.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »
Also some time ago I was on a date with a women. She was pretty, intresting, and quite smart :D but she dyed her hair light blue and because of that I refused our second date. That was because I thought what would others think if I would date a women who dyes her hair light blue, but now I think how stupid I was  :-[

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 07:11:13 AM »
@coolbro1998 , one thing as we get older most people get smarter. Women as well as men are less critical of looks .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »
Yup, met a gal years ago that I was just nuts about. She was very pretty and a kind , loving person. I ended up rejecting her because she had massive tattoos, mostly hidden, but massive. I know there are a small number of women that LOVE guys with shaved heads, would be great to find one!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 05:57:47 AM »
New, been lurking for many years.

I started losing my hair in my mid-20s. Went from buzzing my hair to zero grade soon as. I know for me my life has done a 180 since. I'd hoped that as I got older I'd of met women who weren't that put off by it. I'm in my 40s now haven't dated since. Do you have to change your outlook and expectations? I find it quite difficult.

Tinca tinca, sorry to hear this but I'm not surprised. I've made posts on this site earlier saying how bald guys do have a disadvantage when it comes to dating. These guys call themselves sly or whatever, the truth remains is that women are less attracted to the guy who has no hair, regardless of whether they're confident, smart etc etc. We all like to think that women look beyond just outward appearance and of course they do to some extent, especially as they get older, however the truth remains bald men in general don't have much luck.

I've said this before but I'm still yet to see many bald guys with attractive women. Next time you're out and you see a couple where one guy is bald, look at the woman he's with... she's unlikely to be a looker.  She might have a decent body but then not great looking or vice versa. I've seen many ok looking bald guys with slightly bigger women and this of course is because they themselves are the "female bald equivalent" so it makes sense they find each other.

All I can say to you is that I understand. Like you I started losing my hairline in my mid 20s and now at 34 I am totally bald. Even though I am dark skinned and have the face type for a bald look, I know I don't attract as many women as I did in my 20s when I did have enough hair and even when I was around 30 with my buzz cut which actually looked even better than full head of hair.  Totally bald just puts women off sadly. I want to think different but we just have to work harder.

Offline tinca-tinca

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 06:14:44 AM »
Yeah, I've not been on a date since I was 25. I'd had buzz cuts since I was 20 but when I started receding at 25/26 I went down to the bone with balding clippers and kept it that way, still have a bit of stubble on top. tried wet shaving but didn't really like the feel.

I'd never really had problems getting dates before this. Facially I'm reasonably attractive and people think I'm in my early thirties, I've been a gymaholic since I was 15 and spent my late teens early twenties bodybuilding. I still train now but have come down to 220lbs @ 10% bf and looking to compete in powerlifting and strongman in my weight category.

I think getting knocked back by so many women has killed my self-esteem, I prefer women who are on the bigger side too. I've had to watch all my mates sleeping around and getting married and having families so it's been pretty rough the last 15 years.

PS. I have friends who are bald who have stunning looking girlfriends and wives, but generally they were in relationships before they started losing their hair.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:19:21 AM by tinca-tinca »

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »
Sorry dude, yeah I understand how this feels. I feel the same, not really having much luck myself with the women that I want to date and find attractive. Like you, I seemed to have more attention when I had hair and even a buzz cut but now it's the baldness that is a turn off. 
I guess it just helps to keep thinking "it only takes one" so you never know.
How do you usually meet women and when you say you keep getting knocked back, you mean rejected? Is this online or when you ask them out on dates etc.?

Offline tinca-tinca

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 10:56:05 AM »
Sorry dude, yeah I understand how this feels. I feel the same, not really having much luck myself with the women that I want to date and find attractive. Like you, I seemed to have more attention when I had hair and even a buzz cut but now it's the baldness that is a turn off. 
How do you usually meet women and when you say you keep getting knocked back, you mean rejected? Is this online or when you ask them out on dates etc.?

Online. Just talk don't want to meet or they ghost me.

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 01:18:55 PM »

Online. Just talk don't want to meet or they ghost me.

Hey tinca tinca, yeah I know the feeling too, am having the same issue. No mutual interests at all. It's really disheartening. I am certain that if I had even some hair and everything else stayed the same, I would get more responses. I am getting fed up of life and living. Not much point when you have nothing to live for.

Offline wndk

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 05:24:23 AM »
First of all, the man who chase woman is doing it wrong. Definitely the fact that you dont have a date in all this time have nothing to do with your bald head, it is all about your confidence. You have adopted this limiting belief about yourself, that because you have a shaved head no woman would like you. This is stupid and lame, stop crying and go to be the strongest version of yourself.

Iam sorry, brother, but if i say kind words to you now i would not help you at all. Iam saying this with all love and kindness of my heart. We, men, have to focus on us, to society we dont have any intrinsic value, as opposite to woman that have intrinsic value (iam not going into that now). We have to conquer, to build and to grow things to have value. How is your professional life? how is your body, in terms of looks? how is going your spiritual development? how you market yourself out there? just put yourself in the world as a true conqueror, dont fucking indulgence the feminine ego, NEVER CHASE WOMAN. Develop yourself in all those topics, dont consider woman like you are demanding something from them, THEY WANT TO DEMAND SOMETHING FROM US, a man can never demand affection or emotional factors from a woman, when he does, the woman get away from him. This is something that i learned in a very painful way and iam transferring this knowledge to you guys, my bald family. A man is the security port of a woman. Once you become that, you will never have to chase woman, they will chase you. And in fact, we dont need woman, is nice to have sex once in a while, but once this become your goal of life, you are dead.

With love,

JC.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:27:08 AM by wndk »

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 03:54:29 PM »
First of all, the man who chase woman is doing it wrong. Definitely the fact that you dont have a date in all this time have nothing to do with your bald head, it is all about your confidence. You have adopted this limiting belief about yourself, that because you have a shaved head no woman would like you. This is stupid and lame, stop crying and go to be the strongest version of yourself.

Iam sorry, brother, but if i say kind words to you now i would not help you at all. Iam saying this with all love and kindness of my heart. We, men, have to focus on us, to society we dont have any intrinsic value, as opposite to woman that have intrinsic value (iam not going into that now). We have to conquer, to build and to grow things to have value. How is your professional life? how is your body, in terms of looks? how is going your spiritual development? how you market yourself out there? just put yourself in the world as a true conqueror, dont fucking indulgence the feminine ego, NEVER CHASE WOMAN. Develop yourself in all those topics, dont consider woman like you are demanding something from them, THEY WANT TO DEMAND SOMETHING FROM US, a man can never demand affection or emotional factors from a woman, when he does, the woman get away from him. This is something that i learned in a very painful way and iam transferring this knowledge to you guys, my bald family. A man is the security port of a woman. Once you become that, you will never have to chase woman, they will chase you. And in fact, we dont need woman, is nice to have sex once in a while, but once this become your goal of life, you are dead.

With love,

JC.

I see your point and what you're trying to say is something I agree with, however you're missing out one vital point - the baldness. Most women just aren't into it. I used to be a decent looking guy when I had hair but now my shiny bald head is just unattractive. My face hasn't changed but with no hair it just ruins my look now and I've noticed how less women are into me as a result. I get far less attention than I used to, despite the fact that I'm still the same person I was, back when I did have hair.

Offline wndk

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 06:53:47 PM »

With love,

JC.

I see your point and what you're trying to say is something I agree with, however you're missing out one vital point - the baldness. Most women just aren't into it. I used to be a decent looking guy when I had hair but now my shiny bald head is just unattractive. My face hasn't changed but with no hair it just ruins my look now and I've noticed how less women are into me as a result. I get far less attention than I used to, despite the fact that I'm still the same person I was, back when I did have hair.

This is your limiting belief saying. Woman dont care this much about looks, in fact, a bald guy can even attract more girls than guys with hair, we are different from most of them, we appear to be "more masculine", well, not all of us, but if you can maintain your confidence while being bald, when everyone just expect you to be less confident about yourself, this makes a "bug" on the woman head, they think "there must be something about this guy... he is not like most of the dudes out there". Anyway, i just shaved my head this month, i just dont give a f**k about it, and nothing had changed, i'am still able to go out on dates. In fact, i "declined" a date because i just cant afford to have any distractions right now in my life, and woman is a BIG one, i have a goal and iam going hard on it, i have zero time to meaningless sh*t as modern relationships, in fact, i learned to love a kind of woman that does not not exist anymore, maybe never did, so... this meaningless sex thing is stupid and waste of time to me, but well, to most of men it is nice, so being bald is not something that will end your changes. But being such a crying baby with zero confidence, this will ruin all your chances, because there is nothing that repels woman more than men with no confidence on himself. Woman want security and someone able to provide for her, while being masculine, a fucking man, not a fucking boy that is worried about what people are thinking about them, and a man that is able to give her pleasure on bed, that's it, being bald does not change anything. Sorry about any grammar mistake.

Cheers!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 06:39:06 AM »
The fact is, some guys look good with a shaved head, some don't. I think most guys carry it well, but it's just not the look some should sport.

When it comes to women, I think about half really don't care about your hair. Most of the rest don't care for a bald head. There are a select few that absolutely love bald guys. That's the one I would love to find. It would be great when she runs your stubbly head and says you need a shave!

So, at my age, I don't care what anyone thinks of my hairstyle. If the right gal comes along, great. If not, I'll remain happily bald, and keep looking.
Bald by choice, and loving it!