Author Topic: Ward's Reviews - Matte For Men Complete Cleansing Cloths  (Read 1939 times)

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
Ward's Reviews - Matte For Men Complete Cleansing Cloths
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
Recently I was lucky enough to buy a package of these from Matte For Men. While I realize a 'standard' review that I usually do would be hard for this product, I still wanted to give you my opinion.

Size

This package includes 30 clothes, which is quite generous and is a perfect number for a monthly purchase. These come in a large package and are not individually wrapped. I don't find this inconvenient as I usually keep these in my car or in my refrigerator after a hard workout. Lastly, each wipe is quite large and very thick. I've torn many store brand wipes before if I had any stubble on my head (which should never happen). Matte For Men cloths are large enough for a whole head and face wipedown.

Ingredients

Matte For Men has put incredible attention into the active and inactive ingredients they've put into their cloths. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable wiping my head with a store brand antibacterial wipe that is made for dirty hands or even nastier areas...

Most store-bought anti-bacterial cloths ingredients are listed as:

Active Ingredients: Benzalkonium Choloride 0.13%

Ingredients: Water , SD Alcohol , Sorbic Acid , Cocamide DEA , Disodium EDTA , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Fragrance

Matte For Men Complete Cleansing Cloths ingredients are:

Water, Dimethiconol, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycolic Acid, Laureth-23, Cyclomethicone, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium hydroxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydroxypropionic Acid, AHA, Kathon-CG, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Collagen, Fragrance, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinol, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate.

As you can see, there is very little irritants such as alcohol that will dry out your skin and many ingredients that are specifically designed to remove dirt, oil, and environmental pollutants from your head.

Lastly, Matte For Men Complete Cleansing Cloths contain Vitamin A, Retinol and Collagen to improve the appearance of your skin while helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. At 23, I really don't have to worry about this yet..... but it's never too early to start!

Scent

While I can't put my finger on it, there is a mild citrusy scent that is very refreshing. This is certainly not your typical 'baby wipe'.

Price
Matte for Men Cloths

At $16 for 30, you are paying $.53 per cloth.

Headblade Headwipes

At $9 for 12, you are paying $.75 per wipe

Bald Guyz Head Wipes

At $5 for 16, you are paying $.31 per wipe

As you can see, Matte For Men demolishes Headblade in terms of price (and effectiveness IMO). However, Bald Guyz certainly provides the best deal with competitive ingredients.

Ramble @c3

I know us SLB are always looking to save $ when we can, as 'headcare' can be just as costly as 'haircare'. However, I think investing in products catered to specifically improving the look of Sly Bald Guys should always be given a chance. You cannot 'regrow' you dome, so take care of it!

Would I buy this product again?

MAYBE. I think Matte For Men has the most advanced combination of ingredients (exfoliating and anti-aging) that can really help improve the look and quality of your skin. However, the price, performance and convenience (individually wrapped and store bought) of Bald Guyz Head Wipes is hard to beat.

We will see...

Overall: 8/10

*All products reviews done by me are unbiased. I am not sponsored to promote products by any companies. My reviews are written to solely benefit the members of SlyBaldGuys.com with the latest information of products catered to guys like us. Please comment and let me know what you think.*
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:27:31 AM by rward086 »

"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
Re: Ward's Reviews - Matte For Men Complete Cleansing Cloths
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 06:49:36 PM »
Has anyone else tried this product? I'd like to see some other opinions other than my own!

@n( 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:06:14 PM by rward086 »
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:58:23 AM »
Not yet, I will add it to my list though...

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 11:01:29 PM »
Great review...I use them all the time. I love the fact that they dont tear in my beard and have ingredients to help me fight wrinkles...so Im doing 2 things at once. The smell is awesome and they are easy to pack for trips!

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 04:25:24 AM »
HEY WARD!

I just ordered 3 of their products (to get free shipping)
Matt for men 25SPF
Cleansing clothes
Antioxidant cleanser

I did notice on the website that the SPF is not water or sweat resistant,
and I could not find a definitive list of ingredients
so I am hoping no Te Tree Oil (Melalueca) is in it.

I'll let ya know how I like them.

Eric

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:37:04 AM »
HEY WARD!

I just ordered 3 of their products (to get free shipping)
Matt for men 25SPF
Cleansing clothes
Antioxidant cleanser

I did notice on the website that the SPF is not water or sweat resistant,
and I could not find a definitive list of ingredients
so I am hoping no Te Tree Oil (Melalueca) is in it.

I'll let ya know how I like them.

Eric

Sounds like a good deal! I would venture to say that water and sweat proof SPF would not be as 'user-friendly' as regular SPF.

W3!ght

Enter your email address: