Author Topic: Convincing Pop to Go Sly  (Read 1585 times)

Offline honestjohnny

• Sly Jr.
Convincing Pop to Go Sly
« on: May 28, 2009, 06:46:57 AM »
I'm 29 and have been shaving in one form or another for 3 years.  Love it. Never going back.  Wife loves it :@`  Mom loves it.  Wife's g-friends love it (which is equally nice and awkward  ???)  Currently, I'm trying to convince my Pop to do  it.  He's holding fast to the horseshoe, though. Mom's down with him at least buzzing the 'shoe. He got rid of the comb-over 2 years ago after 30 years, so there's progress.  How do I convince him guys?  He's really not into the online forum thing or I'd show him this site  ;D  Can I convince him? 

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Convincing Pop to Go Sly
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:19:30 AM »
pray about it dude.  He will surely come around.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 08:13:17 AM »
Man, I just don't know! If he's dead set against it you sure got your job cut out for you. I'm assuming you've tried the 30 day challenge?

I wish you all the good luck ya need bro.
It's all about attitude!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 08:31:30 AM »
Show him how good I look!  >:D

I assume I'm about the same age.

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 08:48:05 AM »
i actually relate to this thread.

even though ive only been shaving my a head a little over a month now, my dad has been goin bald since...well ever since i can remember..and im 20 lol, my dad is caucasian and he has had some type of skin cancer where he went to the doctor and they scrapped it off(no BIG issue). he refuses to shave his head saying he wont look as good and that he doesnt want to risk burning his skin on his head because of his cancer related problem.

should he do it or no? hes had this horseshoe with a little hair on the top forever, like i said the skin cancer thing wasnt a real big problem, as if he were to die in the next few years or something like that lol, but its still something to be aware of.

flatdave

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »
Not sure how you can convince him.  Someone posted a video not too long ago about an intervention, I suppose you could try that.  Or get him drunk to the point of passed out and do it for him, which probably wouldn't be the best thing to do.   :*))

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »
Encourage him to make the buzzcut tighter and tighter.  Might eventually lead to a bald dome.  That has been the path for many.