Author Topic: Great article on About.com  (Read 9247 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Great article on About.com
« on: February 21, 2007, 02:08:53 AM »
This article is awesome!  Though, there's nothing in it that we haven't already said here, but it's so great to see articles like this on top sites such as About.com.  The article is titled "Some Thoughts on Balding and Hair Loss" and is written by Daniel Billett.  Here's a link to the article: http://mensfashion.about.com/od/goominghair/a/BaldingThoughts.htm

Oh, I forgot to mention that he just happens to link to Sly Bald Guys also!!   O0

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Great article on About.com
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 03:24:42 AM »
Not bad, definitely liked the link. Glad he got in a line for those who are BBC though personally didn't like linking it to being in style.  Some of us do it because it is who we are!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 07:42:20 AM »
Yeah, what Paul said. I do this because I like it. As a hardcore hillbilly, style is the furthest thing from my mind.  :D :D :*)) :*)) O0 O0
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 08:16:52 AM »
Yeah, what Paul said. I do this because I like it. As a hardcore hillbilly, style is the furthest thing from my mind.  :D :D :*)) :*)) O0 O0

Not to get too deep here PigPen, but the absence of style is a style all its own!
See, you're a trend setter.  O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 08:17:42 AM »

Not to get too deep here PigPen, but the absence of style is a style all its own!

WOW! I'm cool and didn't even know it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 08:22:27 AM »
That's Cool, like Frosty.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 11:04:31 AM »

Damn, and I thought I was being an individual.  Guess I will have to let it grow now!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 11:24:56 AM »

Damn, and I thought I was being an individual.  Guess I will have to let it grow now!

Hey Paul everyone is unique...  ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 12:03:50 PM »
we are making people stand up and take notice. finally something positive about going sly.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 01:51:34 PM »
Whats Headblade say....its not a hairstyle its a life style.

I always tell people its about function not fashion...but recently I am finding out that its the way I am perceived by my friends and people.  I have heard more than once that they can't imagine me with hair.  It wouldn't be "you"....whatever that means.

It is amazing how many more people are shaving it though.  And I don't think it really matters if you just started or have been doing it for a while (like me).   

Hey Pig Pen, stop being a conformist with your non-conformity!  ha ha.
On second thought...just keep rocking it!

MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »
Whats Headblade say....its not a hairstyle its a life style.

I always tell people its about function not fashion...but recently I am finding out that its the way I am perceived by my friends and people.  I have heard more than once that they can't imagine me with hair.  It wouldn't be "you"....whatever that means.

It is amazing how many more people are shaving it though.  And I don't think it really matters if you just started or have been doing it for a while (like me).   

Hey Pig Pen, stop being a conformist with your non-conformity!  ha ha.
On second thought...just keep rocking it!

LOL thanks MC......"Just be a unique individual", at least that's what they told us in HS. Then we would mutter, "Yeah just like everyone else"

I also believe that it doesn't matter what others think or say, I do it for me. If ya don't like it, kiss my rebel @$$

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 04:24:08 PM »
Nice mention.  This site is really starting to gain some good exposure. Congrats Tyler!

This author seems pretty cool, unlike that MSN lady. That's right, I didn't use "lay-day" becuse she wasn't worth it.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 04:33:24 PM »
Nice mention.  This site is really starting to gain some good exposure. Congrats Tyler!

This author seems pretty cool, unlike that MSN lady. That's right, I didn't use "lay-day" becuse she wasn't worth it.

Not by a long shot

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 06:49:39 PM »

MSN lady? I think this must be a reference to something prior to Sly Socctty. Update: Nevermind, I see the Feng Shui article.
"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 08:13:56 PM »

Hey Paul everyone is unique...  ;)
Magmababe you are wise beyond your years

Enter your email address: