Author Topic: GREAT razor and it's made in the GREAT U-S-A....PERSONNA's M5  (Read 8750 times)

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
Re: GREAT razor and it's made in the GREAT U-S-A....PERSONNA's M5
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »
I was told by a Walmart manager that each store "sets" their own prices within a guideline. i checked this fact by going to 2 different Walmarts in my town. The one in the "lower rent" area had lower prices across the board. Now we're talking 5-50 cents per item, but hey, its a difference. I'm surprised 60 minutes hasn't done an expose on it. At least the higher prices where in the more well to do part of town.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 07:07:44 PM »
I was told by a Walmart manager that each store "sets" their own prices within a guideline. i checked this fact by going to 2 different Walmarts in my town. The one in the "lower rent" area had lower prices across the board. Now we're talking 5-50 cents per item, but hey, its a difference. I'm surprised 60 minutes hasn't done an expose on it. At least the higher prices where in the more well to do part of town.
Interesting because the W-M with the higher price has what can only PC be described as a predominately lower socio-economic clientel.  The other deals with a predominately white area, but also not necessarily high income.  With land at a premium in this area--it's predominately water, we don't have a lot of choice--there aren't that many "neighborhoods."

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »
Have you guys built those dikes a little higher this time and how are things in the 9th ward .?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »
Have you guys built those dikes a little higher this time and how are things in the 9th ward .?
The Lower Ninth is coming back slowly.  However, similarly damaged Lakeview has made striking advances and Gentilly is picking up the pace too.  The City is about 70% of its former population now.  The regrowth has slowed in numbers, but the quality of the rebuilding is very good.  Two fires, yellow fever epidemics, a civil war, the 1927 river flood and numerous hurricanes have hit this town, but the old girl has a lot of life left, her own peculiar, wonderful style of life. 

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 10:54:44 PM »
saintc, were you inspired by Obama as he spent a whole 4 hours or so in New Orleans for his publicity stunt (I mean public appearance).  He quickly flew out to California afterwards to be with his real friends in San Francisco.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 09:16:11 AM »
saintc, were you inspired by Obama as he spent a whole 4 hours or so in New Orleans for his publicity stunt (I mean public appearance).  He quickly flew out to California afterwards to be with his real friends in San Francisco.

While a Presidential visit always is helpful, not for the person of the POTUS, but for the entourage that accompanies him.  They are available for direct one on one exchanges w/ the civic and governmental leaders regarding the problems we continue to face.  A more vexing problem is the bureaucratic functionaries of FEMA who, not withstanding directives from headquarters, continue to delay and drag their feet.  Why, well in my opinion many are contract workers, and the longer this goes on the longer they get a paycheck--it's really that simple.  And, being cynical, they should know that with their skill sets it's going to be hard to get any other employment. 

Offline Big-N-Bald

• Sly Jr.
  • I Never have a BAD HAIR DAY!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 01:55:33 PM »
I love this razor.  I was using the Headblade and the Gillette M3 Power for my face.  Gillette lost me when their blade cost rose to over $3 each, and I got a couple nasty nicks from the HB (due to rushing and having the HB go forward and sideways at the same time Ouch).  Anyway, I saw the M5 at Walmart and saw the price.  Under $6.00 definitely worth a try.  Glad I did, I love this thing.  Great face shave and a even better head shave.  What more could you ask for.

I also took the advice of a few other posters here and sent a e-mail to Personna letting them know I liked their product.  The next day I received a auto-reply to my e-mail.  The next day, I got a response back from them -

"Thank you for your kind words regarding Personna American Safety Razor and our M5 Magnum Razor.  We always appreciate feedback from our Customers. 

It will be our pleasure to send you some complimentary samples of the M5 Magnum cartridges, along with a coupon to use toward your next purchase, as a token of our appreciation for taking the time to write to the address you provided below.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Free blades and a coupon for a minute of my time, can't beat that.  I'm sold.  Good riddance Gillette.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »
I wrote to Personna:

Gentlemen:
I first saw your new M5 razor in the store and saw the price--great price.  I am a 50+ guy with male pattern baldness and I have chosen to deal with it head on, I shave my head, daily.  I had been using the Fusion razor but decided to try your new razor based on a recomendation I saw on SlyBaldGuys.  I just went for the razor and two blades and decided to give it a trial for a week--thinking at the time I'd go back to the Fusion even if I liked it to use up my supply of Fusion blades--8.  Well, by the end of the week, I went back and bought a supply of M5 blades and have retired my Fusion and blades to backup status. 
Your new system provides a close, comfortable and long lasting shave of my head and face.  It's weighted right and the handle is designed right--very easy to clean up my face and head every morning.  My only thought is that you need more shelf space for this wonderful razor.  Fusion just can't come close for a smooth and long lasting shave. 
Thanks for putting this out there, from me and all guys who have decided to face male pattern baldness head on--and there are a lot of us, just look around,

They wrote back:

Thank you for your kind words regarding Personna American Safety Razor and our M5 Magnum Razor.  We always appreciate feedback from our Customers. 

It will be our pleasure to send you some complimentary samples of the M5 Magnum cartridges, along with a coupon to use toward your next purchase, as a token of our appreciation for taking the time to write to the address you provided below.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Very nice of the but, only one area of disappointment :x! :x! :x!:

They haven't acknowledged the Sly Nation's importance in shaving products in their response, and I certainly provided them with the opportunity to do so.  I resisting, but it's sort of becoming a real issue with me, why don't they acknowledge us.  I mean just last Friday, I took a vacation day, and was at lunch with an old friend in a neighborhood restaurant, 4 sly customers, they only have about 25 tables, and 2 sly staff.  We all know how many of us are out there--why aren't there ads directed to the bald and, equally if not more important, the balding--it's a whole lot cheaper than the other solutions being hawked to the public--and much safer--it has a long term history to support it.  Glad I got that off my chest.  O:O

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »
I've seen a new blade and 16 cartridges at BJ's Club for 17.99

That's way better than Wally World.

I'm happy (very) with my Rolling Razor though so I didn't bite.

M-5 Razor with a total of 21 cartridges for $15.99 now at BJ's
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline edge

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »
M5 is the best razor hands down, and the best part is the PRICE!  I thought the Fusion was the best razor when I got it (M5 unknown to me at the time), and it was, but now the tables have turned, M5 cuts closer than fusion and you cannot beat the price!

Enter your email address: