Author Topic: family reuinion this summer.  (Read 3000 times)

Offline ShavedForNow

• Incomparable Sly Guy
  • Sly Jr.
  • Testing out the sly side of life
Re: family reuinion this summer.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
If you keep in close touch with any relative who you think isn't going to like your new style, do what I do: send them an email or text message before they see you. They will be completely gossiped-out by the time of the reunion.

My mom hates it when I shave, so I texted her in advance this time. Her reply was "At least wear a baseball cap when you're out in the sun." :)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: family reuinion this summer.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 09:25:14 PM »
About four years ago I was feeling a bit self-conscious about a wedding I had to go to.  I knew there would be a lot of people there who'd never seen me with a shaved head and I felt apprehensive about it.  I let my hair grow out for a week beforehand.  Big mistake.  There wasn't much growing back on top, and I can't tell you how many bald comments I got, none of them complimentary.  It made me regret not standing my ground and showing up with a shiny dome that would have at least sent the message that I didn't give a damn what any of them thought.   To make matters worse, there was another guy there with a completely shaved dome and the whole time all I could think was, "That's what I'm supposed to look like." 

Enter your email address: