Author Topic: Those damn bumps  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Those damn bumps
« on: May 15, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »
My scalp has been rather oily lately.  About a month ago I started to break out in little red bumps all over the top of my head, and the usual remedies (witch hazel, antibacterial soap, Neosporin) didn't seem to help.  They would seem to be going away and then flare up again a few days later. Then the bumps started spreading to my forehead -- way below what used to be my hairline.  I finally went to the doctor a week ago and got a prescription for an antibiotic -- and a referral to a dermatologist if the meds weren't effective. 

The meds did work; it's about 90% better now, but there are still a few bumps left and I'm down to my last couple of pills.  I'm a little concerned that it might flare up again once the medication runs out.  I had a family emergency this week and no time to call the dermatologist.   The razor does seem to irritate it a bit, and I'm wondering if this is because there is less hair than there used to be.  I'm considering switching to an electric razor for the top of my head, while still using the blade on the horseshoe area.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. 

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Those damn bumps
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 12:32:32 AM »
Do you use Headblade Clear Head after shaving? I find it really good
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 08:32:28 AM »
Do you use Headblade Clear Head after shaving? I find it really good

No.  I've just been using witch hazel, but that might be something to try.  Thanks.

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
i use wich hazel then follow up with bump stopper 2....seems to work nicely.

parksie

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 12:09:01 PM »
I know that you are a mach 3 user, do you use the regular mach 3 blades?  I noticed when I used the regular mach 3 blades I wouldnt break out.  Then when I started to use the "turbo blades" I would break out pretty badly, the only thing I could think of was the lubricating strip was causing the breakouts.  Another thing have you switched soaps recently?

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 02:56:51 PM »
Bro, try using Oxy pads, its a acne treatment. Works wonders, worth a try anyway.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »
I know that you are a mach 3 user, do you use the regular mach 3 blades?  I noticed when I used the regular mach 3 blades I wouldnt break out.  Then when I started to use the "turbo blades" I would break out pretty badly, the only thing I could think of was the lubricating strip was causing the breakouts.  Another thing have you switched soaps recently?

Haven't changed anything lately.  I've been using the Mach III Turbos but I've been using them for about two years now with no problems.

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »
We're at that damn age when our skin just decides to be a pain in the buttocks. I've been seeing a dermatologist for about 6 months now and  all the prescription meds she put me on have made an improvement but i still break out now and then. I have severely cut down on my breakouts by using a 55spf sunscreen though. About 8 years ago i developed an allergy to the sun. Don't know if you use an high spf sunscreen but you might try and see if that helps. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 08:03:53 PM »

We're at that damn age ....

You know, that is one of my least favorite phrases.   :(

I've been using a 30 SPF sunscreen.  It probably wouldn't hurt to bump it up a little, though I don't think that's the problem since we've had so much rain and so little sun here lately.  Any particular brand you can recommend that isn't too greasy or oily?

I think I will call that dermatologist tomorrow and try to get an appointment.

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 04:22:43 AM »
Hey Razor,

This answer might seem self serving but the comments that we have received from MANY shavers proves it to be true. Your sensitive skin needs some TLC. The Bald Guyz system would be perfect for you. The Daily Wash will clean and moisturize the skin before shaving. Our Shave Gel is very slick and moisturizing and has a bump fighting technology. The Moisture Gel has 17 herbals and vitamins included which soothe and calm the skin to remove the bumps. After a few days you will see the results. We have received hundreds of emails from people who had the same problem and the bumps wet away.

Whether you use all of our products or not, please make sure to use the Moisture Gel to help your problem.

HBG

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 09:12:41 AM »
I've used 2, banana boat for faces and neutrogena, both have UVA and UVB protection with is imperative for me.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »
I use Fusion:clear skin shave gel... it keeps my dome cleaner that regular/other gels.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 06:57:25 PM »
Hey Razor,

This answer might seem self serving but the comments that we have received from MANY shavers proves it to be true. Your sensitive skin needs some TLC. The Bald Guyz system would be perfect for you. The Daily Wash will clean and moisturize the skin before shaving. Our Shave Gel is very slick and moisturizing and has a bump fighting technology. The Moisture Gel has 17 herbals and vitamins included which soothe and calm the skin to remove the bumps. After a few days you will see the results. We have received hundreds of emails from people who had the same problem and the bumps wet away.

Whether you use all of our products or not, please make sure to use the Moisture Gel to help your problem.

HBG

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.