Author Topic: Advantage-young guys look older  (Read 13368 times)

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
Advantage-young guys look older
« on: May 15, 2009, 05:16:13 PM »
I have experienced another advantage to being Sly. Many people have said that I look like I am in my early-mid twenties when I have a smooth head and alittle stubble on my face. Since being here in California wine country I decided to try something. Since I look older according to some I figured why not try wine tasting. The first place I walked into with my friends (in their 30's) the guy placed 3 glasses out and gave us each a think for 5 tastings. After my 3rd sample I asked if he needed to see my ID and he said I looked older than 21 so he wouldnt need to see it. In all the places I have been to they have tons of signs all over saying they need to see ID if you look too close to 21 but I have been to 4 places now and havent had to show ID. Its awesome and the wine is amazing, if you are ever in the Temecula area go to Wilsons winery and try the almond champagne. Now this is my first time trying alcohol of any type and its pretty nice. The funny thing is is there was a guy that was like 22 or 23 but he had hair so they had to ID him, made me laugh.

So all of you young Sly guys want to try wine sampling in southern California I say go for it.

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
Re: Advantage-young guys look older
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »
The wineries in Temecula are fun to visit and do wine tastings. Wilson Creek's Almond Champagne is great!  O0.

Your experience was fun to hear about. If you work northward to Anaheim, you'll have to stop off and say 'Hi' to Mickey and Minnie (at Disneyland).

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:12:53 PM »
I think we are going north when we head toward home.

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 11:51:58 PM »
haha,  same here
in my ID pic I am 19, in reality I am 22.
people most often guess 23. I am cool wit that bcuz, 4 all my lige ppl thouhgt I was younger looking than I actually am.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »
When I had hair and would shave my face people would think I was like 14 or so, it got to be kind of annoying. Now its cool to look older by a couple years for now. Soon I will be wishing I looked younger but for now its fun.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 06:24:52 AM »
Yeah, that's one of the coolest things about the sly look. It makes young men look older and older men look younger!! That's a real advantage of being bald!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 01:10:32 AM »
Yeah, that's one of the coolest things about the sly look. It makes young men look older and older men look younger!! That's a real advantage of being bald!!

..uh huh! You got that one right!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
Advantage: Old guys look younger.

People have a hard time determining my age in slyness. Whereas I would have had gray hair on the sides and back and very little, if any, hair on top now there is just a shiny dome. My goatee is silver/white, kinda like Big Poppa Pump of wrestling fame, so it is not really a good indicator of how old I am.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 08:02:57 PM »
it definitely makes me look older especially when i have a full beard or some good stubble going on my face

When I first started my second job and I had been sly for maybe half a few months or so lots of the people I worked with thought I was in my mid to late twenties when I was just 19.
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline timorousme

• Sly Jr.
    • I Make Music With Game Boys and Segas
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
I find it to be the exact opposite for me. I look 10 years younger when I'm shaved. I look in my 30s when I have hair.

That's a big positive for me though.

Offline Razorman08

• Young and Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »
I havent noticed any body say anytihing bout age yet i'm 20 and will be 21 next month so i will do something and see if im older looking. lol

Offline Razorman08

• Young and Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »
Well just got done picking my mom up from getting her hair done and people thought i was her husband so guess i do look older. O0

Offline timorousme

• Sly Jr.
    • I Make Music With Game Boys and Segas
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 10:11:23 PM »
Well just got done picking my mom up from getting her hair done and people thought i was her husband so guess i do look older. O0

That or you have a hot mom. Either one is kind of a positive.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »
Yeah, Razorman.....I had the same thought, maybe mom's just really young looking!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline Razorman08

• Young and Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 06:13:51 PM »
Thanks fellas i really feel good about myself right now. just joking you guys arent the first ones to say that. lol :)