Author Topic: just bought a Head Blade Sport  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Michigan_Mayhem

• Sly Jr.
just bought a Head Blade Sport
« on: May 02, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »
Was looking online at the Head Blade website at the products they have and found out that they carried them at the local Walgreens  O0. Just came back from buying one , really  alot smaller then I thought it was going to be. We'll tell you all how I like it soon. See that they also carry the Head Blade shaving cream there. Did not pick that up yet , thinking that I can using my shaving gel in the mean time ?  :-\
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 05:00:59 PM by Michigan_Mayhem »

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
Re: just bought a Head Blade Sport
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »
I love mine, but there is a learning curve that you have to go through. Just take it easy the first few times using it and NO pressure on the blade when shaving. You will get a few dings along the way but once you get it you'll love it like most of us do.

I still use my fusion to do some clean up work that you just can't quite get with the HB. The HB does a great job at knocking out the bulk of my head shave, the I shave my face and do those touch-ups on the dome.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:17:13 PM by nomad »

Offline Chaplain Mike

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »
Love the headblade, but like was said in the previous post take your time.  Just realize there may be places on your dome where the headblade doesn't work as well.  Its better to get your normal razor for touch up than trying to go over a spot over and over.  I started with it day one and felt comfortable with it in less than a week.

parksie

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 08:06:25 PM »
Another headblade user here! I would pick up a bottle of the headslick.  It is great stuff.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 08:11:10 PM »
I always tell myself, buy a damn Head Blade, but I never do. I'd love to try it out, let us know how it goes. And yes, HeadSlick is definitely something worth picking up as well.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »
cool another Headblade user....sweet.  I love mine and think i have mastered it over the last 2 years

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 12:17:23 AM »
Awesome!  Though, take your time and DO NOT put any pressure on the blade.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline darkknight1

• Sly Jr.
  • Yes, even Batman is sly!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 07:08:57 PM »
I love my headblade sport.  I also have a headblade classic I picked up on a closeout sale at Sally Beauty Supply fo $5...I keep it on reserve just incase (still in it's original package).  But all the posts are true, keep the pressure OFF the blade.

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 07:22:48 PM »
I dont mind the headblade razors, it is just if you are in canada it is hard to get the attachments for the different blades, and the blades for the ones in canada sucks. I found it easier to use the 5 blade gillete razor to shave my head. When I was living with my dad he got me a headblade sport and had some attachments for different blades, altho I lost it in a move at some point unfortunately.