Author Topic: whats everyones favorite genre of music?  (Read 17747 times)

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
Re: whats everyones favorite genre of music?
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2009, 06:45:12 AM »
Kiss, which is one of my favorite metal bands dress demonic, KISS also stands for Knights In Satan's Suits.

Stanley came up with the name; as he, Simmons, and Criss were driving around New York City. Criss mentioned that he was in a band called Lips, so Stanley said what about Kiss (Reminisced by Simmons on the Kiss video Exposed). Frehley created the now-iconic logo (making the "SS" look like lightning bolts) when he went to write the new band name over Wicked Lester on a poster outside the club where they were going to play.[10] The runic letters happened to look similar to the insignia of the Nazi SS, a symbol that is now illegal to display in Germany. Therefore to avoid controversy, after 1979 most of the band's album covers and merchandise in Germany have used a modified version of the logo, in which the "SS" looks like a backwards "ZZ". Simmons and Stanley are both Jewish. The band's name has been rumored to have many hidden meanings, among them an acronym for Knights In Satan's Service or Keep It Simple Stupid.[11] None of these rumors have any basis in fact, and the band has consistently denied them.

-wikipedia. just wanted to um, put that out there.

You could be right. That was what I was told. And dont trust anything on wikkepidia. I would trust anything on that site as much as I would trust my mom to pick out my clothes.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2009, 06:48:53 AM »
you guys need to check out some POLKA. that's good stuff right there

please know that i am joking!!![/size]

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2009, 07:36:21 AM »
you guys need to check out some POLKA. that's good stuff right there

please know that i am joking!!![/size]

You know PBurke has an accordian in his closet for the SlyCon, right?  ;D
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2009, 08:36:36 AM »
cajun, zydeco music has accordians. i actually do love that music.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2009, 08:41:52 AM »
i havent listened to it. i might have to. Ive been watching TrueBlood here recently (accurate view of Louisiana, im sure...) but its making me want to head further south and check it out. Plus i hear that the food is something else.  O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2009, 10:51:21 AM »
this threads long gone....................

its been kidnapped and never coming back lol. the 1st half a page was a discussion on music then the last 10 pages turned intoa heavy metal conversation haha. its all good though i dont care. i think its funny lol. i just wish i knew enough to contribute to the convo haha. i might need to start studying up on your guys tastes  O0.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:16:03 AM by Ghost1988 »

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2009, 07:04:53 PM »

its been kidnapped and never coming back lol. the 1st half a page was a discussion on music then the last 10 pages turned intoa heavy metal conversation haha. its all good though i dont care. i think its funny lol. i just wish i knew enough to contribute to the convo haha. i might need to start studying up on your guys tastes  O0.

Oh I kno. I tried to as you say, studying up on the music like u said, and I tried giving metal a shot. I do like some of it, hate the heavy depressing stuff. I tried giving that stuff a chanse, used to live with a buddy of mine who is BIG into it, I mean he gets major pissed if you diss it, listened to it alot when I was living with him, still could not get into it. Thank god my roomate Stephen who is also on this site (Keepin It Fresh) is really big into Hip Hop like me!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:07:08 PM by Notorious R-MC »

Keepin It Fresh

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2009, 07:11:35 PM »

Oh I kno. I tried to as you say, studying up on the music like u said, and I tried giving metal a shot. I do like some of it, hate the heavy depressing stuff. I tried giving that stuff a chanse, used to live with a buddy of mine who is BIG into it, I mean he gets major pissed if you diss it, listened to it alot when I was living with him, still could not get into it. Thank god my roomate Stephen who is also on this site (Keepin It Fresh) is really big into Hip Hop like me!

Yea Yea Buddy, Hip Hop 4 Life!

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2009, 07:24:27 PM »
i listen to mostly gospel check out kj 52

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2009, 07:55:01 PM »
i listen to mostly gospel check out kj 52

I Like Gospel, My Favorite Hip Hop Christian Group Is LeCrae, Check LeCrae Out, And For Rock & Roll I Like Stephen Curtis Chapman.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2009, 08:43:39 PM »
the gospel gangstas are pretty raw haha.

please note: thats an actual group lol.

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2009, 09:51:45 PM »
the gospel gangstas are pretty raw haha.

please note: thats an actual group lol.

There is a group called "The Gospel Gangsta's"? For Real?? Will Have To Check Em' Out, A Lot Of Christian Musicians Are On Myspace. It Is Cool That A Lot Of Christian People Listen To Gospel Music But Still Listen To Regular Non Christian Music Without The "YOUR A SINNER" Fear LOL. Altho A Lot Of The Hip Hop Artists I Listen To, Such As Notorious B.I.G., Twista, DMX, Etc., Even Tho They Don't Sing Christian Music, They Are Actually Christians Themselves.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:53:41 PM by Notorious R-MC »

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2009, 09:56:02 PM »
To All SBG Christians On The Site: Let Me Kno Of Some Good Christian Hip Hop Groups, For As I Do Not Kno To Many, I Just Checked Out KJ-52, He Is Not Too Bad, And Am Going To Look Up These "Gospel Gangsta's".

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »
For those of you that like house music check out http://billyro.com and http://karma.fm
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldBradley

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2010, 12:07:36 AM »
Christian rock, christian rap, and country.

Enter your email address: