Author Topic: Lost objects  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
Lost objects
« on: May 04, 2009, 06:28:43 PM »
This thread is devoted to things your significant other has lost of yours.

I will start, in highschool my woman lost my "man ring" that my mother gave me, that I let her borrow for the day.

Today she let me throw out my favorite pocket knife in a box of garbage. (I dumpster-dived and found it about a half hour later)

What has your significant other lost on you?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Lost objects
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »
Oh man...... too many things to list here. Nothing of incredible monetary value.

I always say, "Oh well... It looks like something else of mine has found it's way into the abyss".
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 06:36:54 PM »
Oh man...... too many things to list here. Nothing of incredible monetary value.

I always say, "Oh well... It looks like something else of mine has found it's way into the abyss".

I'm always surprised at what I find under sofa cushions ;D

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 06:39:14 PM »

I'm always surprised at what I find under sofa cushions ;D

Funny thing is.... I think my wife even makes the stuff in the cushions disappear!!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 06:43:44 PM »
lost my mind cause the ex! does that count? >:D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »
Sanity?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 07:00:55 PM »

Definitely my friend

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 07:20:10 PM »
Agreed, considering she's an ex, I'd say my sanity. And she also lost my copy of God of War 2, I was not a happy man that day, not happy at all :x!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 10:23:43 PM »
Well after 17 years of marriage, many things have been "MISPLACED".  LOL   Most recently I have "Lost my Passport"  We looked and looked no where to be found.  A little later on she says Honey I found your passport!  It was in the dryer.  So that means it went thru the wash and all.  So, guess I will be getting a new passport.  Was it her fault?  Sorta  but also mine.  Should not have had it in my side pocket on my shorts. 

Offline BReady

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 10:27:22 PM »

Man!  You beat me to it.  That popped in my mind the second I read the OP.

BReady

SBG written at 5 micron field of view on an electron microscope (kind of messed up the B, but you get the picture).

BReady

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 12:34:01 AM »

Man!  You beat me to it.  That popped in my mind the second I read the OP.

BReady

great minds bro!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

SlyHigh

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 06:33:32 AM »
She will intentionally get rid of stuff.  Like my socks.  One day I was like, where are all my socks?  And she says they were worn out and she threw them away.  But they didn't even have big holes in them!  Some didn't have holes at all!  Her definition of worn out is different than mine.

What I don't like is when she "puts away" my tools.  OK, so I shouldn't be leaving them around the house, but when you are remodeling and constantly using them, why put them away, especially when there isn't a proper place for them anyway (my current storage is actually a spare bedroom).  So she hides, err, puts the tools away.  Then she gets mad when I try to tell her all electrical-related tools go here and knives go there...

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 09:12:53 AM »
This is a kinda difficult one for me to answer cos its more the other way round. I am compulsively tidy and will happily bin anything lying about. My outlook is "if we havent used it in a week, we dont need it".

So I am usually in trouble for things going missing  :(
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 09:46:58 AM »
There seems to be a SHE rule, if she throws your stuff out it was junk, or you never used that, or that was nasty.  If I throw it out, it was a treasure beyond measure. :/O :/O :/O

Once though, just once she really messed up.  Her Uncle had given us some oriental carpets, small, worn, but obviously very nice (at least to me--and probably anyone that ever watched Antique Roadshow).  She decided they were to be disposed of and did it without asking me or anyone.  I told her it was a major mistake.  Then, after that Uncle died, her other Uncle suddenly noticed they were gone, and she said, "They were old and torn, I had to get rid of them!"  Mother of mercy, he told her off in no uncertain terms, detailing the age and value of the carpets, reminding her that not everything came from Wal-Mart, and that she had to learn the difference.  Oh, I loved that.  She's been VERY careful now about some of the old stuff we've inherited and been given by relatives.  She was even going to throw a clock out that needed mending--I took it to the clock maker and he restored it.  Turns out it was her great grandmother's wedding clock, circa 1880. 

Yup, it's a SHE RULE. 

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 09:51:15 AM »
She will intentionally get rid of stuff.  Like my socks.  One day I was like, where are all my socks?  And she says they were worn out and she threw them away.  But they didn't even have big holes in them!  Some didn't have holes at all!  Her definition of worn out is different than mine.

What I don't like is when she "puts away" my tools.  OK, so I shouldn't be leaving them around the house, but when you are remodeling and constantly using them, why put them away, especially when there isn't a proper place for them anyway (my current storage is actually a spare bedroom).  So she hides, err, puts the tools away.  Then she gets mad when I try to tell her all electrical-related tools go here and knives go there...

I use my spare bedroom has my storage area too, and my work area. I don't know if I'll ever get my damage deposit back ;D