Poll

the "b" stands 4 brush... do U use a brush when shaving your dome?

yes
14 (31.8%)
no
12 (27.3%)
sometimes
4 (9.1%)
thinking about it
10 (22.7%)
i'll never use one
4 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: TO "b" or NOT 2 "b"...that is my question...  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
Re: TO "b" or NOT 2 "b"...that is my question...
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 09:38:37 PM »
damn you guys and making me want to buy more shaving gear! Your burning a hole in me wallet!

haha I think this is something I'll have to try soon
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 09:40:18 PM »
I havent used the brush yet.  I do have an old antique shaving mug that has a brush with it, but I am afraid if I got the bristles wet they would probably crumble.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 10:40:42 PM »
damn you guys and making me want to buy more shaving gear! Your burning a hole in me wallet!

haha I think this is something I'll have to try soon

It's worth every penny.  O0

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 11:38:49 AM »
so just what are the advantages of using a shaving brush really?

you've all got my curiosity up and hell if somebody responds fast enough I might end up getting it this weekend.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 12:09:55 PM »
so just what are the advantages of using a shaving brush really?

you've all got my curiosity up and hell if somebody responds fast enough I might end up getting it this weekend.

Well for me, it provided a lot of convenience. If I needed to re lather I didn't have to put another glob of HeadSLick in my hands and rub it all over my head again. It saves money also. When applying your preferred shave cream, all you need is about an almond size drop, and it's more than enough to get a very nice creamy lather with it. I use a bowl also, and heat it up so my HeadSlick is nice and toasty, it feels great. On top of that it's only 5 bucks. I don't necessarily need a 30+ dollar brush at the moment. My cheap little brush now works just fine.

Offline Chaplain Mike

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 03:02:33 PM »
I bought a cheap brush to check it out after looking at several posts here.  No doubt the brush is the way to go.  It helps exfoliate, feels great, and loads the lather on.  I even use it for the face no.  Great!! O0

parksie

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 03:28:23 PM »
A brush is a absolute necessity!  O0

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 07:37:06 AM »
Whenever i straight razor my head which is everyday, i use a brush to put the art of shaving cream on my dome

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »
and the answer is.....

TO BE TO BE!

Yes I bought a cheap brush the other day and decided to try going old school and bought some shaving soap and stole an old mug from the kitchen cabinet and by golly its made my shaves GREAT!! (head and face/neck)

These old cats that swear by the old fashioned techniques know what there talking about.

Offline Meatman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 07:51:23 AM »
up to now, I have just used my hand, but it looks like I will have to get a brush today and try it.  question for you though...do i need a mug and put the headslick in the mug first?  or just apply the headslick to my dome, and then take the brush and work it into a lather and spread it around?   since trying a few of the tips I've read on here in the last week or so, my headshaving has gotten much easier, slicker, and more enjoyable....so I'm hoping this adds to that.

Offline sq

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 08:17:41 AM »
I've been a no - for the short time I've been doing this up to now - but it looks like another trip to the pharmacy for me

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 09:21:18 AM »
up to now, I have just used my hand, but it looks like I will have to get a brush today and try it.  question for you though...do i need a mug and put the headslick in the mug first?  or just apply the headslick to my dome, and then take the brush and work it into a lather and spread it around?   since trying a few of the tips I've read on here in the last week or so, my headshaving has gotten much easier, slicker, and more enjoyable....so I'm hoping this adds to that.

I think you can do it either way. When I do I do use a bowl/mug, this gives me more to use if I want it. Plus I do head, then neck, then cheeks.

Although at this time I am using shaving oil only.

Offline Meatman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »
ok...got a brush the other night (it was harder to find than I thought..CVS and RiteAid didn't have any so I wound up getting one at the mall...badger hair)
it was easier.   made it a lot foamier and slower to dryout.   and felt better doing it too.   nice!

Enter your email address: