Author Topic: No hair on neck, will it look bad?  (Read 11921 times)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
No hair on neck, will it look bad?
« on: April 22, 2009, 09:22:34 PM »
Hi guys.   I am getting tired of shaving the hairs on my neck.  They are difficult to shave off and
so I have to go over several times, resulting in irritation, redness, etc.
I am thinking maybe I will go for electrolysis to permanently remove the hairs on my neck.
The question is, will it look bad?  I can't remember seeing a man without any hair on his neck.
Any thoughts or tips?? 

parksie

Re: No hair on neck, will it look bad?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 01:05:33 AM »
I have issues with getting  ingrown hairs on my neck also, but what I have found that helps keep them at bay is to use a razor with no more than 2 blades.  I am going back and fourth between a couple razors and h ave had great results with the following razors.  The gillette sensor excel, the gillette attra, and the schick tracer fx.  See if you can get one of those razors, and try it out for a week.  O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 06:35:47 AM »
I feel if you are shaving your noggin, the neck hairs have to go.  Sorry, it may just be a personal preference but I do not understand the guys that go and get a short hair cut or shave the noggin and still have this forest of hair on the back of their neck.   I understand there are guys who have alot of body hair and stuff, but dudes, the NECK HAIR HAS TO GO.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »
I will give that a try parksie.   Most razors that I see have 3 blades but it would be interesting to see if 2 blades can help out.

Timmj,  english is not my first language.  I am talking about the area under your chin, that's why I put this post in the face shaving section.   :)
I am wondering how it would look if I removed the hairs below my chin (front of the neck) permanently.  If I remove the hairs on my face also permanently then problem solved, but I like to keep those.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:27:41 PM »
sorry, I didnt pay attention to what catergory it was in.  My bad.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 10:34:30 PM »
I hate neck hair!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:15:35 AM »
Neck hair is annoying and can cause other issues--before I started shaving mine the hair would get caught up in my shirt collar button.  I find I don't have to shave it every day, just once or twice a week--so no irritation build up.  I use my trusty Fusion. 

Note: As many of the more mature brothers will tell you, maturity brings follicles to life on your body where you never thought they existed.  It only gets worse! 

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 05:21:13 PM »
Ahh yes the dreaded neck hair.....Its alot more difficult for those sensitive skin but...to some extent you can build up your skins tolerance to it along with all the places you shave. I'm sure many have said it but I'll say it again. the more regular of a shaving schedule you have the better.  About every other day or everyday.

I myself at first couldn't even imagine going at it for more than twice in a week. As time rolls on though I've found the more often I did it the better. Of course don't just start doing it every day like its nothing, but I'd try and start going for like every other day. monday wednesday friday etc...

I have alot of hair on my neck unlike most guys who's hair growth tends to stop right at the adams apple or slightly lower. Mine  extends below the collar of the t-shirts I wear.  I'm 1/2 italian and the majority of the rest is danish and dutch...so needless to say I have a hairy pops and the males on my moms side also are very hairy (think like a viking)

Heres what I found works best for me when it comes to shaving my neck and face in general. I know alot of guys like to get their faces as super smooth as their dome and go against the grain, but I find if you just shave in whatever direction your hair grows it just works better.

So at the bottom of my neck I shave upwards and slightly to the side. At where my adams apple is located is kind of tricky because of the fact that everything meets here. so on the bottom side of my adams apple it grows up and above it it grows down so obviously I shave downwards above there. buuut. right to the side of my adams apple my hair grows side ways. All this is very trick for me and it can require quite a few more strokes than most folks to get it cut down.

So like I said I gave up on shaving against the grain on my face. I find that its just not worth the agony just to have it look smoother for...3 hours???  So shave WITH the grain and try not to press to hard. Use a good shave gel and PLENTY of it and a good razor atleast 2-3 blades. I actually have found I have more iritation from the gillete fusion *which  I love for my head* on my neck and face vs. the mach 3

so try the mach3 for the face/neck and fusion for the head.
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »
Note: As many of the more mature brothers will tell you, maturity brings follicles to life on your body where you never thought they existed.  It only gets worse! 

:'(

Dan-O-Mite, I appreciate the time you put into replying to my message.  You know the place that's most difficult
to shave for me is right above adam's apple and under the chin.  I have tried Mach 3 and some other disposable razors but those hairs just sometimes refuse to be shaved off.  That's when I shave downwards. 
I shave only once a week.  So I will start shaving more frequently to see if things improve.    Big thanks again.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 10:48:38 PM »
i dont have a big adams apple...im jealous  lol

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 11:40:51 PM »
i dont have a big adams apple...im jealous  lol

most girls don't!!!!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 11:25:39 AM »
ouch brutal dude brutal

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 11:28:37 AM »

:'(

Dan-O-Mite, I appreciate the time you put into replying to my message.  You know the place that's most difficult
to shave for me is right above adam's apple and under the chin.  I have tried Mach 3 and some other disposable razors but those hairs just sometimes refuse to be shaved off.  That's when I shave downwards. 
I shave only once a week.  So I will start shaving more frequently to see if things improve.    Big thanks again.

No problem dude, but I definitely reccomend making your shaving routine more regular, Not only do you get to be more sly, but your skin adapts to your shaving. When you only do it once a week your skin just goes through the shock but dosen't realize it needs to toughen up and get used to it.  So give that a try, it'll take a week or so to fully get used to it but it will help that i'm sure of it.

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 10:27:21 PM »
anyone have trouble with neck breaking out not my head just my neck?

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 06:36:42 AM »
anyone have trouble with neck breaking out not my head just my neck?

you going against the grain? If so that might be the cause, I know I had that issue alot when I used to do it.