Author Topic: Panasonic linear wet/dry!!!!!!!!  (Read 20776 times)

Offline PHANTZM

• Sly Jr.
Re: Panasonic linear wet/dry!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 06:56:02 AM »
I recently purchased a Panasonic es8249K from Fry's Electronics. All I can say is , "WOW !!!". I shaved with it exclusively Saturday and Sunday using KoS shaving oil and was really surprised. I did a quick touch up before bed (hate having the pillow stick to my noggen) and all was well. I will give it another week or 2 then give a post on my thoughts on it. But so far all is good with it. Will definitely use it as a fill in shaver between jobs during the week though.

~Gary

Offline DavidTX

• Sly Jr.
  • GSG Tech Guy Keeping It Sly
    • Gallery of Before and After going Sly
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »
As I've said elsewhere in my posts, I love my Panasonic Linear, I have the ES8249K.

I use either HeadSlick or BaldGuyz Shave Gel, and get a great shave.

Offline tyrspawn

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
As I've said elsewhere in my posts, I love my Panasonic Linear, I have the ES8249K.

I use either HeadSlick or BaldGuyz Shave Gel, and get a great shave.

Do you have a blade or only the Panasonic? Is it even possible to cut yourself or get skin irritation with a buzzer?

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »
Do you have a blade or only the Panasonic? Is it even possible to cut yourself or get skin irritation with a buzzer?

Razor burn, yes, if you apply too much pressure or shave over the same area too many times.  I can't vouch for it 100%, but I've never cut myself.   O0

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline parky

• Ian Parkinson
  • Sly Jr.
  • Back being sly again
    • Ian Parkinson's Home Page
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2009, 07:09:59 AM »
I have to say that I'm very tempted to give it a go.
Will see how I get on for a month or so with the wet shaves and the HB products just to see if the shaving rash and skin quality improve.
I did have a panasonic a few years ago for my face and it was great.
Just not sure if I can go back to a shave that is not as close as the wet blade.

Offline PHANTZM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2009, 09:05:27 AM »
My take on the ES8249K -

Ease of use: Fairly easy to use, I would recommend at a minimum using a shave oil and water with it. DO NOT press down too hard. ( for me especially around the temple areas) as it may cause some fairly bad irritation.

Closeness: Initially as good as a blade. Re-growth time is a little shorter, but you can use it anywhere so long as you charge it or carry the charger with ya. I have used it exclusively for over a week and a half now with good results. I do a touch-up shave in between jobs and here and there throughout the day.

Good points:
 1) With a razor , any small bump (bug bite, heat bumps, weld splatter, etc.) can be detrimental to a good shave (and a bloody mess.). With this, no worry about shaving off those little buggers.
 2) It is very comfortable when using due to the shape.
 3) It can be used in the shower or out.
 4) Cleaning it is easy, with or without using the included station.
 5) Due to it's generally small size it can be carried anywhere to use for touch ups as needed.
 6) It seems to work well dry, but is better with water and oil or a dab of HeadSlick. (The KoS shaving gel I have seems to cake up in it when using even the slightest amount though, so I don't recommend using a gel with it.)

Bad points:
 1) It is a bit heavy at first (I have never used an electric before).
 2) Replacement blades and foils seem to cost about as much as I paid for the razor itself. But all in all I think that they are worth it as I am very pleased with the shaver so far.

In closing:

Would i recomend this to anyone? - Hell yeah!
Am I glad I bought it? - Again, hell yeah !
I think I still prefer a razor for the everyday shave , but it is good to know that for touch ups and times when you need to stay away from a razor (see note 1 in good points) that this will fill in very well.

NOTE: Putting this in the reviews section as well.

Enter your email address: