Author Topic: Shaving machines. Need some advice  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
Shaving machines. Need some advice
« on: July 24, 2009, 05:20:12 PM »
Like many i´m losing my hair and thinking of shaving my head but i still don´t want to go sly but going shorter and shorter.

I want to shave it at a #1 or even a bit less but i can´t find any shaving machines that go below the number #1. There are machines that have a #0,5 but it´s for beard trimming...does that work with hair also?

I´m still affraid of shaving it and watch the bald pattern in my head but since i still have a full head of hair,although i´m starting to see some scalp, will it show up even at a #1 ?

I really want to go shorter as i work in an airport and have lots of coworkers and people that see me everyday and i´m a bit scared of the other people´s reactions.

Offline MDas88

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Shaving machines. Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »
Hi.

I was like that, didn't want to go sly, so i purchased a pair of clippers called Wahl Balding Clippers. They leave a bit of stubble, say for me now that i shave my head, its like about a days growth of hair using them. Really good product, reasonable price. i found them a little akward to hold, although that just might of been me.

Dont worry about other people's reactions. if youve got the confidence to pull it off, alot of people wont notice that youve done it.

Offline 1000

• Crazy Bald Guy!
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »
Go to "Clipper reccomendations" in the "Trimming your head/hair" log. Read mine on the headblade headfade sport.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:29:23 PM by 1000 »
God Bless our Men and Women serving in the United States Armed Forces.

Offline allegrodonfuoco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »
I also like the balding clippers!  I believe I read somewhere that Wahl made a .5 attachment (I'm assuming it would be a 1/16th inch) though I was never able to find it. 

A #1 is very short and you will be able to see your scalp if you clip it to #1.

I say go for it!  Start with a 1 and see what how you like it.  I know that it's very scary when you first start thinking about clipping/shaving your head, but I promise... no one cares even a fraction as much as you do about what your hair looks like. 

Do what you want and be happy!  As much as we all care about, think about, and endlessly ponder headshaving/balding, ones' hairstyle or lack there of is SOOOO completely meaningless in the big picture.  There are so many more important things in life that can stress you out, why waste energy fretting over this?  If you want to do it, do it.

I promise you won't regret trying it (although you almost surely will regret not trying).  GO FOR IT! ; )

Enter your email address: