Author Topic: Who's Your Barber  (Read 1894 times)

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
Who's Your Barber
« on: April 21, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »
My hair started thining  when I was about 27...Funny that was about the same time I got married....I'm sure that had nothing to do with it, or did it?    I started keeping it trimmed real short and then about 5 and half years ago, I just decided to do it....and have been shaving to this day.   I was coming out of the gas station one day, when a Harley-Davidson Rider approached me and wanted to know "Who's your barber?"...when I replied that I do it myself...he just smiled and said looks good, so when a complete stranger compliments you...that feels good.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Re: Who's Your Barber
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »
You are right  O0
Kindness from strangers reminds us that there are good people out there.  It's so unexpected!! 
That's why when I came across slybaldguys.com I was surprised (and I still am)  at how supportive this group of guys is. 
Thank you for sharing that experience.

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:25:18 PM »
That is what the Brotherhood is all about

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »
Yo Duane...great pic bro.  I am glad you caught onto what teh brotherhood is all about already.  Told you this site was cool.

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 07:29:04 PM »
Thanks Tim,  It feels good to be part of the Brotherhood

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »
That's a great story, reading that actually made me feel good. Great post.  O0

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 07:31:47 PM »
And by the way, welcome to the site sly brother!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »
Welcome, Duane,  It is a great feeling!! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline vin2nd2none

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 11:30:32 PM »
Yeah man it sure does feel good whenever you get reactions like that. I was wearing a hat the other day (it was a little chilly of course),  and when I took it off this guy in the library asked me "who's your barber"... when I told him I did it myself he was shocked. Dude was thinning a little bit up top just like I was, I told him I was tired of having to give special instructions to barbers and still come out looking bad. Hopefully he is gonna do it too

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »
I have found that when I see someone else that  is either naturally bald or BBC that is the best opening question to ask,"Who does your hair." It nearly always turns into a very interesting conversation! It's unbelievable!!

Hopefully I will have some business cards in the near future that will help promote SBG!! Keep it up guys, we can make this site huge!!!!
It's all about attitude!