Author Topic: Yuma, Arizona  (Read 9291 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Yuma, Arizona
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 01:01:39 PM »
That would roll me through Albuquerque whereby I could get PigPen in some trouble.....and just leave a trail of distruction and debauchery all the way to Yuma....MMMUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Bring it on RM we'll go see my favorite bartendress.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 02:20:24 PM »
Just got off the phone with the base Public Affairs people.  If you want there will what they call a Welcome Aboard packet that has all kinds of info on hotels, restaurants, local attractions, etc.  If you decide you want that let me know and I'll arrange for you to pick it up.  ar31nc's comment reminds me that I forgot about a friend who lives there for the winter golfing.  If you don't get anything else we can contact him
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 03:08:26 PM »
...see if I can get any good info for you.

At least someone came through  O0

Me and my constituancy just manage to hijack perfectly reasonable inquiries... :px :px :D :D

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 03:10:18 PM »
Just got off the phone with the base Public Affairs people.  If you want there will what they call a Welcome Aboard packet that has all kinds of info on hotels, restaurants, local attractions, etc.  If you decide you want that let me know and I'll arrange for you to pick it up.  ar31nc's comment reminds me that I forgot about a friend who lives there for the winter golfing.  If you don't get anything else we can contact him

And again  O0

chadoweasel

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 03:51:23 PM »
I lived there for 2 years. As a matter of fact, I still have a house there...so I kinda could say I still live there.

I hated Yuma. There are a few nice things about the area, but over all it wasnt a place I could stay. Jeeping back in the KOFA mountains was incredible, and there is some fun to be had at "little Havasau"...Martinez Lake. At the right time of year its full of people and scantly clad ladies. But really, its just a little desert town with not a whole lot to do. And its HOT. Like 114 daily in the summer...& 100 at night. Its sunny every single day, and thats not a good thing to me.

BaldRob

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »
Schedule changed... classes canceled!  Not that I wasn't looking forward to Yuma, but teaching 8 straight weeks wasn't looking too fun.  Now I have a breather between teaching weeks...

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »
Schedule changed... classes canceled!  Not that I wasn't looking forward to Yuma, but teaching 8 straight weeks wasn't looking too fun.  Now I have a breather between teaching weeks...

Ahhh, crap....now I have to cancel my sleuth work down there to sneak up on you with a gallon beer bong to forceably administer.  `Dr!n# b!3r !*u%e

BaldRob

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 04:13:41 PM »

Ahhh, crap....now I have to cancel my sleuth work down there to sneak up on you with a gallon beer bong to forceably administer.  `Dr!n# b!3r !*u%e

There's always Baton Rouge... you could meet Paulie and me there on March 14th!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 04:16:34 PM »
There's always Baton Rouge... you could meet Paulie and me there on March 14th!

HHHhhhhhmmmmm....... ^-^