Author Topic: first time shaving head!!!  (Read 13568 times)

Offline Jtro

• Sly Jr.
  • 3/26/09 first ever razor shave
Re: first time shaving head!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »
Welcome and enjoy! Hey Peter thats a good shaving routine you got there! I love the Fusion with headslick! I actually do the headblade first and then lather up again and reshave with the fusion and it does a mighty fine job!
show me your war face!

Offline Rev Sly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »
Welcome to SBG - sounds like you have a good system going. Post some pics and let us know how it works out for you.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 09:05:42 PM »
Welcome and enjoy! Hey Peter thats a good shaving routine you got there! I love the Fusion with headslick! I actually do the headblade first and then lather up again and reshave with the fusion and it does a mighty fine job!

Yea man I love it! I have yet to try the head blade, I've always wanted to but just never really had the nerve to actually do it yet.

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »
so i will be shaving my head on wednesday, i have an interview tomorrow for a job, store wont be opening till a few weeks, so ill have time to tan my head.

but after reading a bit more through some of the older threads...i have come to decision of not using the headblade(at least not for now) and i will be using the mach III instead.  too many people said the headblade is difficult to get the hang of and cut themselves.  from what ive read, the mach III is pretty easy going and alot of people use it.  i also will not be using the panasonic linear considering i dont have a job at the mintute, im not going to spend $90 yet..

so for now....its...

(with the grain, then against)
mach III
total shaving solution
bump patrol

sound good??

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 09:39:03 PM »
so i will be shaving my head on wednesday, i have an interview tomorrow for a job, store wont be opening till a few weeks, so ill have time to tan my head.

but after reading a bit more through some of the older threads...i have come to decision of not using the headblade(at least not for now) and i will be using the mach III instead.  too many people said the headblade is difficult to get the hang of and cut themselves.  from what ive read, the mach III is pretty easy going and alot of people use it.  i also will not be using the panasonic linear considering i dont have a job at the mintute, im not going to spend $90 yet..

so for now....its...

(with the grain, then against)
mach III
total shaving solution
bump patrol

sound good??

sounds good. go for the mach 3 turbo. thats what i use and never had any complaints.

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »
whats the diff in the mach 3 and the mach 3 turbo?

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »
I think the Turbo has more of an aloe strip on it or something.  It's really an immaterial difference.  I can't even tell you if mine is normal or turbo. 
Some guys like a shaving cream, that's usually cheaper.  But I prefer a gel sometimes, and sometimes I use baby oil, or a combo thereof. 
I don't have problems with bumps, but perhaps exfoliating beforehand could help.  I do that occasionally as well. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 07:54:59 AM »
The headblade gives you the closest shave and I can't recommend it enough  O0 O0.
If you go to www.headblade.com and watch the how to shave video, it'll give you some good pointers.  Two golden rules:

1. Don't apply any extra pressure. Just glide it over your head and the razor will do the rest.
2. Always keep the wheels (Headblade Sport) or little plastic hub (Classic version which I use) in contact with your head. The razor is set at an optimum angle to give you the closest shave.

Also, you may need to use a regular razor (I use a Schick Extreme3) around the ears. Although I have yet to cut my head with the headblade, I initially nicked my ears a few times and those suckers bleed! Lastly, never be in a hurry with any razor when you shave your head. Besides the safety factor, I think you'll find most SBG's dig the shaving experience and appreciate the uber slyness and feel of a smooth dome. Perfection can't be rushed.  8)

I use Headslick for both my head and face and either L'Oreal Comfort Max After Shave Balm (SPF 15) or Headlube with SPF30 for my post shave lotion.

Good luck with the initial shave and the job interview.  O:O

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 09:46:15 AM »
thanks schro.

im sure if i do not get the results i want with the mach 3 i will eventually try the headblade.

Offline cooncatbob

• Sly
    • Bob'sRazor Works
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 10:50:04 AM »
In addition to all the good information you've received, I would suggest you avoid shaving against the grain on your 1st head shaves until your scalp has a chance to get used to being shaved and toughens up.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 01:19:53 AM »
Mouse, sounds like a good routine.  The shaving oil should provide you with some good protection.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)    

Re: Short on How to Shave Your Head
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:28:49 AM »    Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
well i did it guys.

i used the mach 3 turbo and some gillette shaving gel.  The secret shaving oil(walmart version of total shaving solution) seemed to not work good at ALL, when it felt like i was goin to have to drag the razor extra hard, i got back in the shower to wet my head then covered it in the gillette gel...MUCH EASIER! The green bar was COMPLETELY gone on the mach 3 turbo when i was done however, do the blades really go that fast?

- feel of head

dislikes:
- color of head (too light compared to my skin)
- shadow of hair(maybe when i get the panasonic i will get a better shave)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »
Congradulations on joining the SLY, the BALD and the PROUD O0.

Hope the job interview went well.  I think you're going to like it a lot.  You'll develop your technique on shaving, everyone has different issues.  You may stay w/ the Mach III and gel, you may move to the Headblade, or Fusion.  You'll try all kinds of shaving soaps/cremes, etc.  but in fairly short order you'll find what works for you and your dome and gives you the longest lasting smoothest dome.  The color will even out fairly quickly too.  Only suggestion is to invest in a shaving brush to apply whatever you're using--it feels great and lifts the stubble up for a really clean shaving experience. 

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 12:39:07 PM »
thanx saintc. where can u buy a shaving brush at though?

well my pic is up as u guys can see. tell me what u think.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »
thanx saintc. where can u buy a shaving brush at though?

well my pic is up as u guys can see. tell me what u think.

Avatar looks good.  As for the shaving brushes, they have them at Wal-Mart and most drugstores in the shaving section.  They also sell the shaving soap for brushes, but the brush works and improves any other product too.  I got mine for about $6.