Author Topic: Sunscreen  (Read 35007 times)

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
Re: Sunscreen
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 04:12:02 PM »
Cool, I think I am going to have to try it.

HoodooMan

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 12:12:59 AM »
i'd also like to highly recommend aveeno products. the lotion, sunscreen, shaving lotion, everything they make works wonders on sensitive skin. it's all great stuff!!!! you cannot beat it, period...!!

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
Just wondering from you banana boat guys, what does it do as far as looks, is it more glossy or matte?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 12:18:46 PM »
Just wondering from you banana boat guys, what does it do as far as looks, is it more glossy or matte?

Unfortunately it does dull the shine, but it's totally non-greasy, it doesn't sting, and during the day the shine does come back for me because I have an oily tendency in my scalp.  So I accept the dull or matte effect to get the sunscreen.  I wash my head for the evening so it shines nicely if we go out. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 01:04:02 PM »

Unfortunately it does dull the shine, but it's totally non-greasy, it doesn't sting, and during the day the shine does come back for me because I have an oily tendency in my scalp.  So I accept the dull or matte effect to get the sunscreen.  I wash my head for the evening so it shines nicely if we go out. 

I actually find the banana boat to make my head really shiny, but non-greasy.  Just goes to show you that you have to find what works best for you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 02:01:52 PM »
I will just have to try them both out. I already have the banana boat at home, I havent been outside much the last couple days without some sort of head wear like a hat so I havent used sunscreen on the dome yet. I have to stop by Walgreens so I will check out the headblade stuff too.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2009, 10:54:44 AM »
Lophura your head looks like a freshly paved ice rink, that shine is awesome! I want to skate on it.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »
Lol, thanks. I was at the gas station this morning and someone told me my head reminded them of a glazed doughnut with the shine. Then when I was fishing the neighbor said the shine will scare the fish away, lol.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2009, 02:19:06 PM »
A glazed donut  :*)) that's interesting, and I believe your neighbor is right about the fish haha. What products are you using to get that shine? I have HeadLube glossy and HeadLube Matte, they work great, but my dome never comes out looking like that.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2009, 05:33:33 PM »
Another 'Boots' Soltan user here (well, thats Boots Soltan 2, Bananaboat 500 :D ;D)

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
A glazed donut  :*)) that's interesting, and I believe your neighbor is right about the fish haha. What products are you using to get that shine? I have HeadLube glossy and HeadLube Matte, they work great, but my dome never comes out looking like that.

I get my great shine naturally. After I shave I rinse with cold water and sometimes rub it with an ice cube and thats how it gets like that. In my experience the headlube glossy doesnt give me as good of a shine and leaves an oily feel

Oh and today at the lake I went ahead and used banana boat SPF 30 and it worked pretty good.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
Cool, I'll have to try out the banana boat, seems to work wonders for everyone else. I do the cold water rinse as well and notice more of a shine. Thanks for the info.

Offline prozema

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2023, 09:54:52 AM »
Another bananaboat guy here. I use driblok spf 30 in winter and 50 in summer. My dermatologist recommended it. Its great. Goes on non-greasy and almost instantly dries to the touch and it's supposed to be "very" water/sweat resistant. I'm actually allergic to the sun (makes me break out in tiny red itchy pimples). Just went to the beach and spent about 3 hours in direct sunlight with the 50 on and didn't break out  got just a little color. It worked great. Oh and it has UVB and UVA protection.

For those tiny, red itchy pimples you may want to ask your dermatologist about eczema. The summer months can worsen eczema in some people. If you want, you can read more about it https://prozema.ca/eczema/

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2023, 11:39:59 AM »
When I had hair, I used to get painful pimples on the back of my head during the summer.  Those have gone away since keeping my head shaved.  I think the razor exfoliating the skin helps with this.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2023, 06:56:01 AM »
A friendly reminder: Don't forget to put some on the ears.

Is one of the first places were skin cancer can appear.

Oh,that rhyme.