Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > How To Protect Your Bald Head

Sunscreen

<< < (9/9)

Mike:

--- Quote from: PeterTheBald on April 20, 2009, 02:19:06 PM ---A glazed donut  :*)) that's interesting, and I believe your neighbor is right about the fish haha. What products are you using to get that shine? I have HeadLube glossy and HeadLube Matte, they work great, but my dome never comes out looking like that.

--- End quote ---

I get my great shine naturally. After I shave I rinse with cold water and sometimes rub it with an ice cube and thats how it gets like that. In my experience the headlube glossy doesnt give me as good of a shine and leaves an oily feel

Oh and today at the lake I went ahead and used banana boat SPF 30 and it worked pretty good.

Kratos:
Cool, I'll have to try out the banana boat, seems to work wonders for everyone else. I do the cold water rinse as well and notice more of a shine. Thanks for the info.

prozema:

--- Quote from: Hook'Em on April 09, 2009, 10:47:39 AM ---Another bananaboat guy here. I use driblok spf 30 in winter and 50 in summer. My dermatologist recommended it. Its great. Goes on non-greasy and almost instantly dries to the touch and it's supposed to be "very" water/sweat resistant. I'm actually allergic to the sun (makes me break out in tiny red itchy pimples). Just went to the beach and spent about 3 hours in direct sunlight with the 50 on and didn't break out  got just a little color. It worked great. Oh and it has UVB and UVA protection.

--- End quote ---

For those tiny, red itchy pimples you may want to ask your dermatologist about eczema. The summer months can worsen eczema in some people. If you want, you can read more about it https://prozema.ca/eczema/

chuck63:
When I had hair, I used to get painful pimples on the back of my head during the summer.  Those have gone away since keeping my head shaved.  I think the razor exfoliating the skin helps with this.

Barbero Pelón:
A friendly reminder: Don't forget to put some on the ears.

Is one of the first places were skin cancer can appear.

Oh,that rhyme.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version