Author Topic: anyone in the chicago area?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
anyone in the chicago area?
« on: April 03, 2009, 03:59:14 PM »
me and my buddy are going on a road trip to chicago next weekend cuz were 2 bored college guys haha. so if anyone lives around there let me know and maybe we can meet up or something.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Hey, Chicago Sly Bald Guys
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »
Think we could pull together a meet-up with Ghost.  I guess I could drag my tired suburban a$$ into Chicago for a beer with the boys if it's early  ^-^

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

BaldRob

Re: anyone in the chicago area?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:29:06 PM »
Think we could pull together a meet-up with Ghost.  I guess I could drag my tired suburban a$$ into Chicago for a beer with the boys if it's early  ^-^

Red

I don't think they have "early bird" specials in the City red... :D

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »
I was thinking maybe a Happy Hour thing so I could be home before 8:00 PM.   :*))

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 06:33:52 PM »
I would come to the city, but I'm probably heading to Milwaukee... gonna try to get in to Cubs/Brewers at Miller Park...

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 08:39:27 PM »
Yeah, I'd be up for it normally.  Unfortunately it is a no go for me this time.  As it is the Easter weekend, I have family in from out of town and won't be able to meet up with you guys.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

GASlick

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 05:17:27 PM »
I was in Chicago July 2007 and in Milwaukee Feb 2008.  Both cities are great and very friendly.  Milwaukee was really great, felt kind of like a really big small town.  Cheese curds and beer.....it's how to do winter in WI.