Author Topic: Great Responses  (Read 2090 times)

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Great Responses
« on: April 15, 2009, 07:44:09 AM »
This is very interesting, I can't remember anyone saying anything negtive!  For years I just kept the dome really short. One day I  started to trim it and realized that I had foolishly not checked to see if I had the proper comb on. I had none. So I took one long swipe across my head and......realized that it cut right down tight!!  I had no choice, I finished trimming it and then got out the razor and finished it off.I didn't think I liked it but when I went to work the boss thought that it looked great. Then my wife got home and she loved it! Thought it looked fantastic....said it made me look younger and even, "sexier."  That did it for me, it's never been anything but shaved since then!My brother in law knew me from yearssss ago when I had really long hair. He was just surprised that I have gone to bald!Other than that, not a single person has said anything negative

It's all about attitude!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Great Responses
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:11:20 AM »
 O0
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:04:50 AM »
Welcome Gary and ............... O0!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:52:54 AM »
This has got me thinking about the strangest reactions I've had. I had a 70ish  woman at work that asked me, "Do you have to shave your head or does it just stay that way? I think she was dissapointed!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 10:37:34 AM »
I remember the first time I shaved, it was at night, my parents were sleeping but my sister was awake. I was so excited to finally use the blade against my dome. Once I finished, I barged into my sisters room like a SWAT officer and said look!. She responded, "what the hell did you do??" I laughed out loud like the ogre I am. So, I decide to finally sleep. Morning comes, and my eyes begin to crack open. As I roll to the other side of my bed, I awake to my mother standing directly above me like a hawk about to annihilate its prey, with her jaw completely dropped. It was the greatest face I had seen in a while. She was shocked, but after a couple of weeks, she began to adapt to to the new style and finally likes how it looks on me.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 02:09:50 PM »
I remember the first time I shaved, it was at night, my parents were sleeping but my sister was awake. I was so excited to finally use the blade against my dome. Once I finished, I barged into my sisters room like a SWAT officer and said look!. She responded, "what the hell did you do??" I laughed out loud like the ogre I am. So, I decide to finally sleep. Morning comes, and my eyes begin to crack open. As I roll to the other side of my bed, I awake to my mother standing directly above me like a hawk about to annihilate its prey, with her jaw completely dropped. It was the greatest face I had seen in a while. She was shocked, but after a couple of weeks, she began to adapt to to the new style and finally likes how it looks on me.

Hahaha, it sounds like you have had some epic battles in your family history with the way you tell your stories.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
Hahaha, it sounds like you have had some epic battles in your family history with the way you tell your stories.

Hahah yea man, I try to spice up my stories as much as I can so I don't bore anyone. I watch too much Braveheart.  ;D

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 05:07:17 PM »
I had told my wife that I wanted to shave the head...she didn't think I would do it, but said go for it{I later found out that she told my mother-in-law that I would let it grow back...because of all the crap I would take at work}, so I did...don't think she liked it at first but after I came home from work and told her that the guys thought it looked great...she knew I wouldn't let to grow back, she still is not crazy about it but it has grown on her....My younger sister, whom I have never been close to...tells me that she just can't get used to it, and that she doesn't like it...I said ,since when do I care what you think?  She hasn't commented on the shaved head since....her son, my 3yr. old nephew...thinks Uncle Duane is cool, because he has no hair...I think that just kills her.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 06:29:13 PM »
GT...nice new avy...

the bald look fits you well!!! O0