Author Topic: i just saw a commercial on tv for a shampoo that said..........  (Read 5103 times)

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: i just saw a commercial on tv for a shampoo that said..........
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 12:46:27 AM »
I LOVE not having to buy shampoo, especially stupid expensive faux-medical thickening shampoos and products. 
And not buying all that crap is more than enough to offset the cost of razors and shave gel. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 03:57:43 AM »
Well, I haven't seen that as I don't ever watch TV, but I still see the ads everywhere.  Really though, it's like Timm said.  I usually laugh when I see ads like that though, and sometimes its a good thing.  Just the other day I was in London and I had to go in to a Shoppers Drug Mart to get some new blades.  It just so happened that the one I went in was near Western U and it has the highest ratio of women to men  O0(for those interested in a place to study it'd be a good one).  So I walk in and the shaving products are in the same aisle as the shampoos.  I'm walking down the aisle and I pass the shampoos as there are a few women looking at all the different ones and I chucked under my breath.  I grabbed the razors and turned around to head back out and there were the 3 or 4 women giggling and trying not to look at me as I walked by.  Obviously they must have heard me laugh as I walked past the shampoo.  I just grinned at them, held up the razors, shrugged and kept on going.

I was in a rush to head to the hospital to see a friend who just had surgery so I wasn't thinking of stopping, but I'm sure I could have done it and easily chatted them up, then who knows what could have happened.  Would that happen to a guy with a full head of hair going in to buy some shampoo and conditioner?  Would he be able to use that to start up a conversation?  "Uhh, excuse me ma'am, which of these conditioners would give my hair the best silky smooth shine?"  I bet the womens reactions would be quite a bit different for him. 

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 07:03:54 AM »
our studies show that 3 out of 4 woman say the first thing they notice on a guy is his hair. buy this shampoo, blah blah blah

damnit! lol

i swear people love rubbing hairloss in to us sly guys. they make it seem like bald is such a bad thing. the negativity needs to stop.
You need to look at that in a different light.  They are soo vain that they are stuck on their hair, and these companies know that so they are going to milk these vain people out of everything they can.  So who is the real winner here??

Offline Weevil

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 07:33:48 AM »
Yeah, I completely agree with all comments above. It's basically what advertisment is about "Buy our stuff our you will die lonely and miserable. We have studies that show it's true."

The medias try to convince people that they need hair to a have normal life, just like they convince teenage girls they have to look like coat hangers to be attractive. Fortunately, the reality is different.