Author Topic: TRANSPLANTS! OUCH!  (Read 3444 times)

Offline samoanseb8

• Sly Jr.
  • when life hands you lemons...?
TRANSPLANTS! OUCH!
« on: February 23, 2009, 06:21:36 PM »
I was talking to my dads last night about a friend of his...my dad told me he had hair transplants a few years ago, and he explained to me what they actually do in a transplant, i googled it and it looked like a scene from CSI!!...I feel really bad for these people who hate the way they look so much that they are willing to spend all this money and go through all that pain!! Just wondering if anyone else ever had considered, or had actually gone through with one of these??

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: TRANSPLANTS! OUCH!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »
thats why i think laser treatment to get rid of ALL your hair for good instead of getting your hair implanted seems more realistic.

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 07:04:52 PM »
Yeah i've seen it and its no good. its funny how everyone that sees my shiny dome says why don't you just get a hair transplant.  Foolish people.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 07:33:58 AM »
WOW!! :o

Sean: I can't believe people actually say that!

I've never had anyone suggest that to me, thankfully! 8)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 04:09:13 PM »
WOW!! :o

Sean: I can't believe people actually say that!

I've never had anyone suggest that to me, thankfully! 8)

Well "She Who Must Be Obeyed" keeps saying, "Grow your hair back!" and I keep telling her get over it, there's not enough to grow, why else would I have decided to do this.  Love her, but damn she's dumb on this subject. 

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »
Good question, Samoan ~  Considering that the newly relocated follicles will continue to grow as the balding enlarges, it looks like a never-ending project to keep up with the ever-spreading baldness....until you don't have any donor hair left, or you have a lattice pattern of scars.  Seems to me that the benefit (zero in my book) is way out of whack with the co$t, both monetary and other.  NO THANK YOU.  Pass me my razor, please. 
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline bee

• Learning the way of Sly
  • looks bad
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
i had a hair transplant done about 6 months ago.  i am very disappointed in myself.  it looks bad.  All I want to do is shave my head, but now i have a scar that runs from the back of my head to the side above my ear.  I am now  living in a bad dream.

Offline samoanseb8

• Sly Jr.
  • when life hands you lemons...?
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 12:08:30 AM »
i had a hair transplant done about 6 months ago.  i am very disappointed in myself.  it looks bad.  All I want to do is shave my head, but now i have a scar that runs from the back of my head to the side above my ear.  I am now  living in a bad dream.

Mate, don't be disappointed in yourself, hair recession is a very emotionally taxing experience. You did what you thought was best for you at that time. I would suggest moving forward and shaving your head, and if your scars concern you, you can always have a doctor look at them for you...I've known people who have shaved after a transplant and have had plastic surgery or laser surgery to erase the scars....

Offline calbito

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 05:35:06 AM »
A few months ago I was in a grocery store and saw a man who was clearly BBC.   He also had an enormous scar that ran across the back of his head from one ear to the other.  He must have had some kind of major brain surgery.  Anyway he could easily have hidden the scar by growing his hair out to just 1/4 inch and his hair was definitely thick enough to do it.  But he preferred the sly look scar be danged.  Gotta admire someone with that much confidence.

Offline Ftank

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
When I realzied I was going bald I did not want to except it.  For some reason it came as an emotional shock to me.  I thought it would mean I would be single forever and the society would spit on me.  Shaving has helped me realize its not a big deal and it is turning lemons into lemonade!  I can understand why some people get a transplant because of all the false advertising they do.  It is not right.

Frank