Author Topic: Cheapest place to buy razors  (Read 3536 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Cheapest place to buy razors
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:11:30 PM »
Well, it looks like Costco stopped carrying Gillette Sensor Excel blades in my area.   :'( :'( :'(

Anyone know of a place to buy blades cheaper than the grocery store?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Cheapest place to buy razors
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 02:25:27 PM »
Got any independent pharmacies in your area, there's one in NO, Castelone's on Oak, I get Fusion blades there for $23 and change for 8packs.  That's cheaper than Sam's Club.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 02:55:37 PM »
I get atra generics (doubles) for $0.50 a blade ($4.99 10 pack) at a local Save Mart grocery store (Save Mart is part of Lucky's).

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

parksie

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:55:10 PM »
I was at my local family dollar store about a week ago they had sensor excells for just under 7 dollars for a pack of 4.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:49:44 PM »
CVS has generic Sensor blades.........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 06:36:15 AM »
I dont mean to hijack  #i&@ but Mike, do you like using the CVS blades? i cant seem to get a good smooth shave with them no matter what angle i have the blade.

to answer Tyler, the best place i can find for blades is local overstock stores. but they are hit or miss with the blade selection.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 10:09:37 AM »
I think the Sensor Excel's are pretty cheap here...  I'll take a look when I head into town in a bit and let you know.  Depending on the costs I can get you a ton of them and bring them down in July of ship them.

Oh, and what with how the US $ is a LOT stronger than ours now it could really be worth it...

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 10:29:38 AM »
1)  I can't ever find disposable sensor blades. never. 

2)  The cheapest way to get Mach 3 blades is online, on ebay usually.  You can buy them in bulk.  (you know you're gonna need them!). 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 12:18:27 PM »
Thanks guys!  I will probably end up buying them in bulk of of eBay, but it's always nice to know where to find them locally, especially if I'm traveling and forgot some.

I'm bummed about Costco because they cost about what I found them on eBay for.  I haven't had good luck with the generics.

Jer - Let me know what you find.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »
Harmons is a great place to get some razors. Usually whatever I find there is a couple of dollars cheaper than the products at CVS.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 07:24:17 PM »
I was at a dollar store the other day and they had Sensor II's I picked up 5 packages for 5 dollars plus tax

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 11:45:38 PM »
Alright, so unfortunately my day ended up being busier than I expected so I wasn't able to check, but I have to go renew my Costco membership tomorrow anyway so when I'm there I'll find out.

Have you looked at contacting Gillette directly to buy them bulk from them?  Say a case or two at a time?  It may be worth a shot, and who knows, running SBG you may be able to claim it as a 'Business Expense'!!!   O0

Offline Jer

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 12:50:34 PM »
Alright, i'm sitting here now in my truck at the costco parking lot and had to let you know before i forget. the sensor excel's here are in packs of 25 and go for $39.99 and with the exchange rate at 1.27 cad for 1 usd I'll let you figure it out if it's cheaper.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 01:47:19 PM »
For the UK dudes - Tesco is doin 2 packs of Fusion for £14. Anyone found em cheaper elsewhere?
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!