Author Topic: Best Shine Control Product  (Read 48125 times)

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Best Shine Control Product
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 03:18:26 PM »
I must be the odd man out. I like a good shine.

no way tom, most of the board sides with you. that's for sure.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 03:31:46 PM »
is it me or did matte for men jack their prices up BIG TIME? i don't remember it being 24 bucks for a tube of the moisturizer....

Their prices are wack.  I bought some head wipes from them.  They're nice, but i'm going to go with the bald guyz head wipes, because they're much cheaper.

Offline slickiedoo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »
so are some naturally shiney?  I have always wondered when I seen guys ..if they apply something or is it natural.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »
^ yeah dude. some are just naturally slick looking. apparently it depends on how smooth your skin is and obviously how oily your skin is.

i'm always trying to kill the shine. i must have a really smooth skin because right out of the shower im shining up a storm
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 03:45:17 PM »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 03:50:32 PM »
You guys will dig this: http://www.slybaldguys.com/serendipity/archives/229-HeadLube-with-SPF-30.html

Is it 1) oily or nice and dry, and 2) does it sting?

I'm wearing it for the first time today.  Doesn't sting at all.  Doesn't feel oily after about 4 hours with it on .
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 09:48:50 PM »

:@` a good shine.   

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 02:11:46 AM »
Matte For Men is still the best...I agree with Tyler. The best part about it is it isnt sticky like so many of the ones mentioned.  I also just got an email that they are still doing the "free shipping" offer...

TB
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:19:01 AM by Teambean »

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 01:51:17 PM »

:@` a good shine.   

Shine is the best  O0
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline EuroBrown

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 07:53:58 AM »
i'm a huge fan of the matte look as well. i currently use matte for men...but am waiting on some "L'Oreal Men Expert Pure & Matte Anti-Shine Moisturizing Gel"...i'll let you all know how it works out.

maybe i should check out the bald guyz head wipes...if those can do the trick, that would be awesome.

I hate any shine or oiliness on my head. I use this and it works perfectly for me ($13 or so). It caught my eye due to the "Complex anti-sebum" text.

Description of the product in English-

http://birdsfootpharmacy.co.uk/acatalog/Loreal-Men-Expert-Pure-and-Matt-Moisturiser.html

The solution to fight shiny and oily skin:Men Expert Pure & Matte Anti Regreasing Moisturiser.

This ultra light non-greasy gel effectively tackles shine because it is enriched with an anti-sebum complex. It contains silica particles known for their ability to absorb excess sebum. These mattifying particles work to control shine and deliver a matte effect whilst providing a long-lasting anti-shine action. Skin is immediately mattified and remains pure, clear and healthy looking.
Ultra-effective, the Men Expert Pure & Matte Anti Regreasing Moisturiser formula moisturises for 24 hours.

L'oreal for Men Expert pure and matt moisturiser is ultra light non-greasy gel effectively tackles shine because it is enriched with an anti-sebum complex. It contains silica particles known for their ability to absorb excess sebum. These mattifying particles work to control shine and deliver a matte effect whilst providing a long-lasting anti-shine action. Skin is immediately mattified and remains pure, clear and healthy looking.

Loreal Men Expert Pure and Matt Moisurising Gel Ultra-effective, the PURE & MATTE formula moisturises for 24 hours.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 07:57:27 AM by EuroBrown »

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 10:44:55 AM »
Hmmmm...the most important thing is that it seems to be missing sun protection...no?

Enter your email address: