Author Topic: Dry Skin In Winter  (Read 4039 times)

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
Dry Skin In Winter
« on: December 17, 2008, 04:32:47 PM »
As the weather gets cold the air gets drier and causes many problems with the sensitive skin of the head and face. Cold wind can really cause very dry skin which can be notices by flaking, redness and an uneven skin tone. The heat indoors literally sucks the moisture out of your skin. Lips chap, fingers get dry and the skin cracks. Now, even more than during the summer, you need to moisturize the skin.

The best time to being a daily regimen is after the shower while the skin is still damp. Place a small amount of Bald Guyz Moisture Gel on your fingertips and apply to your head and face. Make sure to apply to your ears as well. Be sure to use a SMALL amount as this will allow you to control the application as well as to ensure that it is totally absorbed into the skin. Our formula is also good for your hands and feet, or anywhere the skin is dry or irritated. You should reapply the moisturizer several times during the day to provide the best results and keep your skin looking good and properly balanced.

Just wanted to share some ideas with the SBG crew!

HBG

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Dry Skin In Winter
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »
Thanks Head, always good to be reminded of those things.

Mike

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 03:29:49 PM »
To be honest most of the time I use an udder balm. I discovered it one morning when I was milking because in the winter I put an udder balm to prevent chapping. I figured if it works on the goats it should work on me.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »
To be honest most of the time I use an udder balm. I discovered it one morning when I was milking because in the winter I put an udder balm to prevent chapping. I figured if it works on the goats it should work on me.

We use bag balm on almost everything here. My wife has even gotten other people to start using it and now they swear by it.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 04:00:33 PM »
We use bag balm some times but I use something else, we get it from a supply company. I can never remember the name but it is something like Japanese mint balm or something, it has a slight minty smell to it.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »
Ok I am usually the type of guy who doesn't complain.  I try to be positive but I have to admit the past 4 to 5 weeks I had the worst head shaves ever.   My skin was so dry and somehow even with the mighty bald guyz shave gel my scalp was left irritated and I was in some ways sad.  When I used the bald guyz shave gel for the first time Nov.28, 2008 I got the best shave I could hope for.   But near the end of December and going into the end of January the bald guyz shave gel seemed to have lost its ability to give me a comfortable shave.

I thought Mach 3 was the problem.   But for the past 10 days I have started this new routine where I wash my head with bald guyz wash & shampoo 25 minutes before shaving.   Then I apply pre-shave scrub, etc. and shave, and at the end apply bald guyz moisture gel.

Once again, magically the bald guyz shave gel is doing miracles for me.  I get good shaves again.  And now I realize why..............my scalp was too dry before!!!  I didn't know that winter can be so bad.  well I have learned my lesson.............for anyone else DO NOT shave your head if it's too dry, you will regret it.   Do something to add moisture to it or else it will be irritated and you will get a terrible head shave.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:09:41 PM by SBG Math Guy »

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 01:49:04 PM »
i have been using bold guyz moisturising gell for about two months now and i dont think i will use enything else, its light ,non greasy and absorbs into the skin well, i have olso started using there shave gell which i now swear by, but i still use king of shaves shaving oil under the gellfor a realy close and comfortable shave. i would like to use there wash but i carnt find it in the uk. O0 O0 O0

Offline Jtro

• Sly Jr.
  • 3/26/09 first ever razor shave
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
Today was my first time shaving my head, i've always had a dry scalp, and was pleased to see that there was no flaking, but i spoke too soon! i felt the top of my head and dry skin everywhere! i brushed it off, threw on my beanie and went to the drug store and bought Nivea Original Body Moisturizer, it does a great job at keeping your head moisturized and nice and smooth.
show me your war face!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 01:13:34 AM »
Another good one is Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/