Author Topic: My New Hobby...  (Read 19540 times)

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
Re: My New Hobby...
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »
This morning in Grande Prairie, Alberta it was -25 Celsius and snowing when I went to work and by the time I was done at 5:00 it was +2 and sunny. 

Doesn't the groundhog say if he doesn't see his shadow, there's only 6 weeks left of winter and if he does see it, winter will end in 6 more weeks?   :*))  :-\

Global warming won't kill the earth.  Mother earth will survive all but I pity the parasite on her back when she gives that big shake to rid herself of it.   ;)
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 12:27:26 AM »
I'll give you extra gas money to run that little runt over!  We just had I-80 closed through the area yesterday because of snow and 70 MPH winds. 
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 02:27:03 AM »
I'll give you extra gas money to run that little runt over!  We just had I-80 closed through the area yesterday because of snow and 70 MPH winds. 

I'm yer neighbor to the SE in Denver.  Not as bad down here this time.  A little blustery yesterday and a slight dusting....that's about it.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 06:23:10 PM »
Cold as all get-out here today.  7:30 PM and it is down to 36 - and windy.  Have been sleeping with a heating pad at my feet to keep them warm.  Thank God for thermals.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
Cold as all get-out here today.  7:30 PM and it is down to 36 - and windy.  Have been sleeping with a heating pad at my feet to keep them warm.  Thank God for thermals.

I still follow the weather updates on my home page from when I lived over there and saw you've been in some cold temps and sever weather alerts.  :o need some > @nn!3
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 06:32:21 PM by ar3inc »
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 08:13:03 PM »
I just got back from a trip down to the the southern interior of BC and boy was it nice down there.  8* Celsius and the sun shining.  I was sitting on my truck waiting for the tire guy to fix 2 tires and was telling him to take his time 'cuz I get paid by the hour and I'm getting some sun on my noggin'!   8)
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

BaldRob

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 08:18:47 PM »
Temp has been rising here all day/evening... it's 40F outside right now! O0

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 08:33:13 PM »
Suppose to be in the high 60's by the end of the week, with the possibility of another cold front around the first of March
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 12:23:21 AM »
It was rough this weekend...around 75 F here.   O:O
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »

Didn't get a sunburn did ya? Saturday and Sunday were both OK around here, Sunday it was nice enough to go ballooning. Good and cold, the balloon was up for about an hour total, and I flew for about 30 minutes. Which included my first "impromptu" lesson. I logged my first lesson Sunday....woohoo!!! It may take years and years, but I may eventually become a pilot when I grow up!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BaldRob

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 11:43:58 AM »

Blah blah blah blah blah...  :/O

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 12:08:28 PM »
You're jealous as hell, I can feel it.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »

Not so much...  :P

That's one of the reasons I like living in the MidWest... the change of seasons in dramatic, so you appreciate the other seasons more!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 12:43:33 PM »

Not so much...  :P

That's one of the reasons I like living in the MidWest... the change of seasons in dramatic, so you appreciate the other seasons more!

Uh yeah, I'll take your word for it.  ???

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »

Same here, I used to live in Phoenix (and yes it does get cold) but we never really had the seasons.  I like being at the end of winter just so ready for summer and likewise in the summer waiting for winter.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995