Author Topic: Valentines...  (Read 25060 times)

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
Re: Valentines...
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2007, 03:49:46 PM »
I can understand your frustration as well Shiny. Before the wife and I decided to get married, we lived about 250 miles apart. I would drive to Albuquerque to see her any chance I got, but it still sucked. Some days I would leave at about 4 Saturday afternoon, then drive back home Sunday night. It was rough, but it sounds like you guys have dealt with this kind of thing before.

Well Pig Pen and Shiny I don't have it that bad. My lay-day and I live ony 35 miles apart. So what's the big deal? She lives in Brooklyn and I live in Jersey. We might as well live in Oakland and Boston. There is so much traffic and delays that on a good day it takes me 3 1/3 hours to see her. We don't date during week becuase it is impossible and takes way too long. I usually see her on Saturdays if I'm not somewhere doing a gig.

It's just funny becuase on a map, it should only take about 45 minutes if I could to 65 miles an hour.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 03:52:07 PM »
I think you need to invent the Noner Flux Capacitor. You could have been there yesterday.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 03:59:06 PM »
Yeah and then I can see myself arrive again and laugh at myself becuase I was late:       

:/O That hurt my head.

I just need 1.21 gigawats!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2007, 04:01:33 PM »
I hear there is a certain amount of hair loss when you apply that amount of gigawatts, which in the Professor's case is a good thing.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2007, 05:11:23 PM »
I can understand your frustration as well Shiny. Before the wife and I decided to get married, we lived about 250 miles apart. I would drive to Albuquerque to see her any chance I got, but it still sucked. Some days I would leave at about 4 Saturday afternoon, then drive back home Sunday night. It was rough, but it sounds like you guys have dealt with this kind of thing before.

Well Pig Pen and Shiny I don't have it that bad. My lay-day and I live ony 35 miles apart. So what's the big deal? She lives in Brooklyn and I live in Jersey. We might as well live in Oakland and Boston. There is so much traffic and delays that on a good day it takes me 3 1/3 hours to see her. We don't date during week becuase it is impossible and takes way too long. I usually see her on Saturdays if I'm not somewhere doing a gig.

It's just funny becuase on a map, it should only take about 45 minutes if I could to 65 miles an hour.

I don't know how anyone can live in a city, especially a BIG city or even worse a conglomeration of BIG cities.  I'd go nutz man.   :/O  Traffic?  :Xo! :x! :popo :x! :Xo! ??? :-[ >:D :popo :'(
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2007, 12:48:53 AM »
well i haven't been on because of this damn holiday...it seems my was soon to be wife was taking flowers and candies from her ex..and communicating with him to try and make me jealous well it was a big back fire on her...this holiday only brings out peoples intentions for other peoples ladies as far as i have seen...I don't think i will be celebrating this holiday ever again....but i will give my little one a card every year cause she does have my heart...glad to see some had a good one even if mine cost me my family....
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2007, 01:11:52 AM »
well i haven't been on because of this damn holiday...it seems my was soon to be wife was taking flowers and candies from her ex..and communicating with him to try and make me jealous well it was a big back fire on her...this holiday only brings out peoples intentions for other peoples ladies as far as i have seen...I don't think i will be celebrating this holiday ever again....but i will give my little one a card every year cause she does have my heart...glad to see some had a good one even if mine cost me my family....

damn that sucks.   What would possess someone to treat someone else they supposedly care for that way is beyond me?
bald for life

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2007, 02:06:59 AM »

sorry to hear bro!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2007, 06:46:59 AM »
 :-[ :'( Caro Noner. When we first married (1971) we lived in Chelsea Square, my family lived in Brooklyn, and my job was in Paramus, NJ--all within a 35 mile radius, but as you said, we might have lived in Bangor and they in LA. I came to HATE the Westside Highway and the BQE (has it ever been 'express'?), which my wife dubbed The Trench.  Ordinary Americans--those born and raised outside the NYC metro area--will never appreciate the exquisite agony of trying to traverse those 35 miles, going 15 mph,  with one's left foot going numb and paralytic on the clutch, in 2nd gear. When I got back to West 20th Street (off 9th Ave.), I had to car-sit until the alternative side of the street parking regulations changed. It cost me, man. We did it four years, which convinced the separation could not go on.  I liked Jersey, even though I did not know anything about it, because we finally had our own alleyway (Brooklynese=driveway). Ciao, Prof. Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2007, 03:31:34 PM »
Well I didn't attach the message that I told the shopgirl in my first post of this thread.  Instead I was a good boy and bought $40 worth of flowers.  Then that night, the wife decided that she was allergic to something in the arrangement, so I took the flowers and gave them to my sister in law.

As for me, I didn't get anything, about what I expected.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2007, 06:59:22 AM »
I ended up buying the wife a necklace and The Godiva chocolates. Oh yeah, and a movie I hid the necklace in. (Boy was she pissed!!!! hahahahaha) She thought I had forgotten all about her. I told her not to get me anything, because I had already gotten myself something. hehehehehehehe
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2007, 07:04:51 AM »
:-[ :'( Caro Noner. When we first married (1971) we lived in Chelsea Square, my family lived in Brooklyn, and my job was in Paramus, NJ--all within a 35 mile radius, but as you said, we might have lived in Bangor and they in LA. I came to HATE the Westside Highway and the BQE (has it ever been 'express'?), which my wife dubbed The Trench.  Ordinary Americans--those born and raised outside the NYC metro area--will never appreciate the exquisite agony of trying to traverse those 35 miles, going 15 mph,  with one's left foot going numb and paralytic on the clutch, in 2nd gear. When I got back to West 20th Street (off 9th Ave.), I had to car-sit until the alternative side of the street parking regulations changed. It cost me, man. We did it four years, which convinced the separation could not go on.  I liked Jersey, even though I did not know anything about it, because we finally had our own alleyway (Brooklynese=driveway). Ciao, Prof. Melon

"Ordinary Americans?"

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2007, 07:19:36 AM »
  Ordinary Americans--those born and raised outside the NYC metro area.

And those god-like New Yorkers wonder why (though probably don't care) why us Ordinary Americans find them so obnoxious.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2007, 07:21:07 AM »

Peterbilt, that absolutely sucks to no end. Hang in there, bro.
Sincerely,
Schro

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2007, 08:02:31 AM »
Question to the Prof...

What is wrong with New Yorkers?   ???
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington