Author Topic: Valentines...  (Read 24510 times)

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
Re: Valentines...
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 08:18:13 AM »
BAH HUMBUG. How long before HALLOWEEN? >:D
Exactly!

My wife and I didn't buy each other anything for V-day (moneys tight).  But what I did do was got up early this morning, cleaned literally 1 inch of ice off the car, cleared the driveway of snow and ice, drove her to work on the worst roads imaginable just so she would get to there safely.  I would do that whether it was v-day or not. 

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 08:25:23 AM »
...what I did do was got up early this morning, cleaned literally 1 inch of ice off the car, cleared the driveway of snow and ice, drove her to work on the worst roads imaginable just so she would get to there safely.  I would do that whether it was v-day or not. 

Atta Boy !!  O0

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 08:32:51 AM »
Well, I had wanted to get the wife a nice piece of jewelry for Christmas since I had not gotten her anything nice since we were married. The boss and I were talking yesterday and I told him I was going to buy some Godiva chocolates. So after work we went to the mall and visited Zales, I got her this really swanky "Journey" pendant. The salesperson said it is meant to symbolize your time together, and how your love has grown and stuff. Almost brought me to tears.....HA! Diamonds and Godiva Chocolate.....I should be in like Flynn yo.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 08:37:29 AM »
Well, I had wanted to get the wife a nice piece of jewelry for Christmas since I had not gotten her anything nice since we were married. The boss and I were talking yesterday and I told him I was going to buy some Godiva chocolates. So after work we went to the mall and visited Zales, I got her this really swanky "Journey" pendant. The salesperson said it is meant to symbolize your time together, and how your love has grown and stuff. Almost brought me to tears.....HA! Diamonds and Godiva Chocolate.....I should be in like Flynn yo.

ATTA BOY !!! 

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 08:44:26 AM »
I'm reminded of a Ron White routine (I'll see if I can remember it all). It goes something like this...

I recently saw something that showed me there might be truth in advertising after all. The DeBeers people used to use this slogan, "Diamonds Are Forever". The next year they said, "Diamonds....Take Her Breath Away". The following year they said, "Diamonds...Render Her Speechless". Sh*t, why don't the just say it,

"Diamonds ...That'll Shut Her Up.............for a minute".

Thank You, Thank You. I'll be signing autographs at the door.
Schro
 d5c*

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »
I'm reminded of a Ron White routine (I'll see if I can remember it all). It goes something like this...

I recently saw something that showed me there might be truth in advertising after all. The DeBeers people used to use this slogan, "Diamonds Are Forever". The next year they said, "Diamonds....Take Her Breath Away". The following year they said, "Diamonds...Render Her Speechless". Sh*t, why don't the just say it,

"Diamonds ...That'll Shut Her Up.............for a minute".

Thank You, Thank You. I'll be signing autographs at the door.
Schro
 d5c*

LMAO  We were talkin about that this morning
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 10:03:19 AM »
Well, I went to the flower shop the other day and told them I needed to order something for my wife.  The girl behind the counter said, "we can do any arrangements, what feelings would you like your gift to express?".  I told her I'd like something that really says, "I didn't forget it was Valentines Day, so I bought you this just to fulfill my obligation as your husband, God knows you didn't do anything to deserve it."

I thought the kid was going to pass out! :*))

TOOO RIGHT!!
My wife and I have an agreement that this day is a load of horse dung!!
Why do I need to show more affection just on this day....she knows how I feel and vice versa.
The only thing I did was have my son give her a card and ask her to be his "valentine"
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 12:23:44 PM »
wanna know the real story of this day. check this out....

http://www.linguatics.com/StValentine.html

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 12:33:32 PM »
Someone should have snuffed out that conehead when they had the chance, then guys could celebrate

Dude that Snuffed Out St. Valentine's Day.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 12:37:05 PM »
schro was born too late to help us all out. damn schro.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline juventus206

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm far to good looking to have hair.
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
Happy Valentines Day to those that celebrate it with a significant other.  To us that remain single, we're better off alone than with bad company!

Ever notice when/if you receive a gift from your wife/girl friend it revolves around work (That new tie or tool set), yet when we give gifts it revolves around making them feel good/prettier (Chocolates, jewelery)? :px

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »
Happy Valentines Day to those that celebrate it with a significant other.  To us that remain single, we're better off alone than with bad company!

Ever notice when/if you receive a gift from your wife/girl friend it revolves around work (That new tie or tool set), yet when we give gifts it revolves around making them feel good/prettier (Chocolates, jewelery)? :px

I'd rather have tools then chocolate anyways.

I believe this is the first year my wife forgot.  I left her scented candle and card on her car seat when I left this morning, she was surprised and called me, said she didn't even remember a card.  Usually its me that doesn't remember..   :*))
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 01:45:38 PM »

I'd rather have tools then chocolate anyways.

I believe this is the first year my wife forgot.  I left her scented candle and card on her car seat when I left this morning, she was surprised and called me, said she didn't even remember a card.  Usually its me that doesn't remember..   :*))

That's a switch

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 09:02:48 PM »
Ok, so I know this isn't nearly as romantic as Valentines Day...  it doesn't involve expensive jewelry, or candy, or cards or flowers or any of that stuff... But I get the feeling you guy'll get a kick out of this... it's a new holiday... let's all look forward to celebrating...

http://www.steakandbjday.com/

only 30 days left ;D b$@Y

P.S.
This is my 50th post.... I feel like such a slacker.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:08:18 PM by Vash »
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 03:33:02 AM »
Ok, so I know this isn't nearly as romantic as Valentines Day...  it doesn't involve expensive jewelry, or candy, or cards or flowers or any of that stuff... But I get the feeling you guy'll get a kick out of this... it's a new holiday... let's all look forward to celebrating...

http://www.steakandbjday.com/

only 30 days left ;D b$@Y

P.S.
This is my 50th post.... I feel like such a slacker.

Hahaha!! that's funny!! I can't think of anything more romantic than a steak and a b.j!!  ???

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Enter your email address: