Author Topic: Any fighters in the house?  (Read 4772 times)

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
Re: Any fighters in the house?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 01:55:12 PM »
Ahh yes, Greco Roman seems awesome. It focuses more on throws and take downs correct? It always interested me, I would love to take it and stick with it for a while, money is mostly the reason I can't start it any time soon. My current MMA place is pretty costly but Greco Roman seems well worth whatever it is they would like me to spend.

Offline ChefBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »
Greco is purely throws, no using the legs in anyway, no attacking the legs, no using them to hold someone down, nothing, pure upper body strength.
Cooking Bald

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 07:18:56 PM »
Now that is awesome, sounds like it would fit me very well. Thanks for the info  O0

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 11:06:38 PM »
For about ten years, I did Shotokan Karate and Ryu Kyu Kobudo (Okinwan weapons).  In addition to the martial arts, we did Cardio Karate, and a weekly workout that was called "the Slam".  We pulled the wavemasters out on the floor, got the cardio music rocking, and just worked technitqe on the bags. 

We did the Amateru Athletic Union (AAU) tournament circuit, and it was a lot of fun.  I guess I got spoiled being in a really good dojo all those years, because when I moved to Ohio, I just couldn't find that caliber of training locally.  I found one that came close, but his last price jump priced me out of the dojo, especially since it was almost 50 miles each way.

I'd like to get back into training.  I feel like a slug.

Enter your email address: