Author Topic: First Summer Sly  (Read 2961 times)

Offline DaithiSean

• Sly
  • stern mode whilst trying to work my webcam
First Summer Sly
« on: May 29, 2009, 05:38:14 AM »
Its my first summer sly and thanks to recent good weather my head has caught the sun and is a lovely shade of pink ! As I am naturally a redhead I usually catch the sun and burn relatively easily - so out comes the factor 30, which I apply all over and this seems to work, it just leaves me looking very pale and ill when I first apply it - not a good look (but obviously much much better than risking skin cancer)

What is your advise for protecting my head without having to resort to plastering my head with Factor 50 ?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:51:29 AM by DaithiSean »

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: First Summer Sly
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:46:41 AM »
There is no other advice other than wearing a hat.  Be  careful though, some hats depending on the style and material can still let the sun get to your noggin.

We have stressed this over and over until we are "Blue in the head"  SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN!
Please do not take this as a light matter.  Just get  your head sunburnt a few times and you will find out yourself, the HardWay!

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 08:49:56 AM »
I personally think pale is better than burnt and blistered. Gotta put at least a 30spf on ALL YEAR. Higher if your gonna be out in it for a prolonged period. I can't stand hats so I use at least 55spf in the summer.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »

What is your advise for protecting my head without having to resort to plastering my head with Factor 50 ?

Stay inside all summer long with your head hiding under your bed.  ::) Other than that plaster away my friend and enjoy life. If you don't like the pale look you can always try the Jergens Natural Glow lotion. It evens out and darkens the skin tone a bit and gives you a natural look.
THERE ARE NO SMALL BRAINS JUST BIG HEADS

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 12:43:58 PM »

Stay inside all summer long with your head hiding under your bed.  ::) Other than that plaster away my friend and enjoy life. If you don't like the pale look you can always try the Jergens Natural Glow lotion. It evens out and darkens the skin tone a bit and gives you a natural look.

why is that Jergens and the word "lotion" has a funny ring to it? lol

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 02:48:14 PM »
I have NO IDEA WHAT you are reffering to Timm! You're not pushing the PG13 rating are you???  >:D
It's all about attitude!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 11:26:24 PM »
lol

Enter your email address: