Poll

Should i be patient and wait for Propecia effect or shave?

go bald
42 (97.7%)
give it some time to see effect
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: April 04, 2009, 11:07:14 PM

Author Topic: wait for effect propecia or take the dunk  (Read 32382 times)

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
Re: wait for effect propecia or take the dunk
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2009, 05:15:17 PM »
Cannot believe the guys in here. U dudes are F*&% ing horrible. PLZ give a dude some time to acclimatize!!! Putting up a pic of myself takes some time....

Way to go, Dave!  I notice you've changed your avi.  Thanks for posting a pic.  Looks SLY to me.

Now tell me, did you really think it was likely there wouldn't be 30+ "shave" votes?  I think you secretely wanted to shave and set the tally low so you would "have to" give it a try.   >:D 

Anyway -- good job and coming through. 

How do you like it so far?     

I actualy thought that 30 was quite a big number for a poll and i didn't think i would go bald within a week after posting the poll. Buddies shaved me after losing the bet.

I feel ok even with a bald dome. However, I also promised to lay of propecia for 10 months when losing the bet. Cannot track hairloss at my current lenght, but I fear that laying off Propecia for ten months will turn my (stille very acceptable) head of hair into a horse shoe. My hair recedes at the sides of my head but i fear lack of P will connect the sides  :-\ . This would mean i will be a Baldy forever and indefinately. Keeping track and keep counting.................. for 9 months to go

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2009, 05:22:28 PM »

i fear lack of P will connect the sides  :-\ . This would mean i will be a Baldy forever and indefinately. Keeping track and keep counting.................. for 9 months to go

But even Merck knows propecia cannot stop hairloss after some time.  So, I am sorry to say you will be Baldy forever anyway.  That's unless you take propecia and notice the effects going away completely after 4 to 5 years.  Then you will be a Baldy forever.   If you styt bald now, you will be a proud Baldy. O0

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2009, 12:54:46 AM »
Welcome to the Sly world.  Hopefully you get used to it soon. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »
Cannot believe the guys in here. U dudes are F*&% ing horrible. PLZ give a dude some time to acclimatize!!! Putting up a pic of myself takes some time....

Way to go, Dave!  I notice you've changed your avi.  Thanks for posting a pic.  Looks SLY to me.

Now tell me, did you really think it was likely there wouldn't be 30+ "shave" votes?  I think you secretely wanted to shave and set the tally low so you would "have to" give it a try.   >:D 

Anyway -- good job and coming through. 

How do you like it so far?     

I actualy thought that 30 was quite a big number for a poll and i didn't think i would go bald within a week after posting the poll. Buddies shaved me after losing the bet.

I feel ok even with a bald dome. However, I also promised to lay of propecia for 10 months when losing the bet. Cannot track hairloss at my current lenght, but I fear that laying off Propecia for ten months will turn my (stille very acceptable) head of hair into a horse shoe. My hair recedes at the sides of my head but i fear lack of P will connect the sides  :-\ . This would mean i will be a Baldy forever and indefinately. Keeping track and keep counting.................. for 9 months to go

Cannot beleive you could describe any one of the guys on here as "f&%$ing horrible". How would you describe someone who encouraged you to pour a cocktail of chemical sh*t down your throat? You came on here seeking advice and you got it. If you cant stand the heat, stay out the kitchen  :Xo! :Xo! :Xo!

PS, please remember YOU started the vote - no one else!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »
 O0

Yeah.

Offline lewis

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2009, 03:57:35 AM »
dave it looks like you proved everyone wrong with your new avatar  O0

It looks good, and your nose does not look huge  ???

Offline Ftank

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2009, 11:25:43 AM »
From the pic you posted I would have to say it looks good and you do not need to worry about propecia but it is up to you.  Best wishes,

Frank

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2009, 09:20:19 PM »

i fear lack of P will connect the sides  :-\ . This would mean i will be a Baldy forever and indefinately. Keeping track and keep counting.................. for 9 months to go

But even Merck knows propecia cannot stop hairloss after some time.  So, I am sorry to say you will be Baldy forever anyway.  That's unless you take propecia and notice the effects going away completely after 4 to 5 years.  Then you will be a Baldy forever.   If you styt bald now, you will be a proud Baldy. O0

AUCH dude, harsh comment!!!! But i think you hit it on the head, I was probably born to be a bald guy. Might not like that fact very much, but somehow i must get accusomed to it.

Heard some bald jokes already, but i cannot really smile about them. Especially hate it when my bald buddies speak of "us". Probably facing the truth makes me feel one of them (or you) soon.

Offline imb

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2009, 09:42:47 PM »
dave523 - I think once you become accustomed you will wear it with pride, looks really good on you.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2009, 12:43:02 PM »
This would mean i will be a Baldy forever and indefinately. Keeping track and keep counting.................. for 9 months to go
I was probably born to be a bald guy. Might not like that fact very much, but somehow i must get accusomed to it.

Heard some bald jokes already, but i cannot really smile about them. Especially hate it when my bald buddies speak of "us". Probably facing the truth makes me feel one of them (or you) soon.

I think you are almost unique to this site, everyone has had some issues but you really are conflicted about this.  It hasn't been thirty days, so it's understandable that you are still surprised by the "guy in the mirror."  Most guys are pleasantly surprised.  You really need to consider what has been said before, the drugs delay, they don't prevent, the ultimate march of mpb--you're going bald.  Whether you accept it now or later after spending a load of money you're going to  be bald.  Your choice is get in front of it, or slip slowly, painfully into a Bozo ring, under a rug, submit to a plug or keep downing drugs.  It's pretty simple really.  It's your choice whether to look backward or forward.  If life's a journey, the hair part of your journey is ending, how it's ended, not whether it's ending, is your choice.
As for the jokes, you're not the lone ranger--that's happened to everyone.  Once you understand that the comments are just that "jokes" and learn to roll with the punches it's easy.  When you start dishing back, you'll be on top O:O.  I remember the look on the guy who commented early on in my Sly-dome and I nailed him with the question, "And when was the last time a babe said your comb-over turned her on?" >:D  He's never, not once, commented on it again.  He hasn't gone Sly, but at least he's gone silent. 
Just remember the brothers are here to support you in this, answer questions, assure you that what you're experiencing is not unique and most importantly that you can live, emphasis on live, as a Sly Bald Guy O0, or exist, merely exist as a  balding guy :'(.

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2009, 04:18:48 AM »
Looks good...Hang in there,  before I started shaving I kept it trimmed real short...when I did shave it wasn't a big culture shock...it been 5 yrs. plus and no regets