Poll

Should i be patient and wait for Propecia effect or shave?

go bald
42 (97.7%)
give it some time to see effect
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: April 04, 2009, 11:07:14 PM

Author Topic: wait for effect propecia or take the dunk  (Read 32921 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: wait for effect propecia or take the dunk
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 01:01:39 AM »
yesterday i received 3 txt-messages from my buddies as soon as someone posted the 30th vote was in. Must have been watching like hawks. Pretty hard truth to swallow  :Xo!. T wants to come over on thursday, but think i need some more time to get used to the idea. For the record, did anyone vote twice?

Do it bro!  You won't regret it!

By the way, it's not possible for anyone to vote twice based on the settings of the poll.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2009, 09:11:02 AM »
Dude, you didn't vamp! Props!

Now do the deed! Remember, in the (highly unlikely) event that you don't like it after the 30-day trial, it just grows back!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009, 09:36:58 AM »
it just grows back!

>:D Well actually most of it grows back, the hairs and follicles that were going to retire anyway are gone with or without shaving.  Face it, you're losing your hair, in 5 to 10 you're going to be sporting a fringe if you don't get out in front.  And, if you don't, you, your friends, and all the babes are going to watch it go, hair, by hair, by hair. >:D >:D >:D

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 11:34:36 PM »
Buzz it done with an electric buzzer, then lather it up and shave it.  Plenty of advice on this site on the forum. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

flatdave

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »
Looks to me like you're gonna be Sly, very soon!

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2009, 04:48:22 PM »
it just grows back!

Buddies wanna come over tomorrow evening to poker and do my forfit >:D. I think my colleagues will be in shock when i get to work on friday. Buddies and me are going clubbing on saterdaynight in Amsterdam, not sure i will be ready for doing that as a bald guy  8).

What worries me is that if i lay off the propecia (i know, a very controversial medicine here) for 10 months my hairloss might starts to accelerate and after the period i might not have the option to grow it back  :-[, meaning that this could be the last 28 hours with a hairdo :o. Might ask for doing the forfit after the bet ends in 1,5 week.

Cheers, Dave

>:D Well actually most of it grows back, the hairs and follicles that were going to retire anyway are gone with or without shaving.  Face it, you're losing your hair, in 5 to 10 you're going to be sporting a fringe if you don't get out in front.  And, if you don't, you, your friends, and all the babes are going to watch it go, hair, by hair, by hair. >:D >:D >:D

Offline Ftank

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 05:51:09 AM »
Be very careful with propecia man.  That stuff messed with my brain big time and I only took it a very short time.  I did not respond well at all.  I actually lost more hair on it but I think they call it a shed or maybe I bald too fast or something. 

Anyway there is website you can check out with all the horrible stuff that drug can do to your body.  I am scared about being bald but I have made the choice that I will choose my health forever over possabily losing my hair a little slower. 

Although from your pic you don't appear to be going bald so this process often takes awhile.  I like my shaved head but I have had some trouble from friends and family.  But trust me your health is so valuable.  I wish you would not take the risk.  I don't believe doctors are completely sure what that stuff does to your body.

Best Wishes,
Frank

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2009, 05:10:21 PM »
Be very careful with propecia man.  That stuff messed with my brain big time and I only took it a very short time.  I did not respond well at all.  I actually lost more hair on it but I think they call it a shed or maybe I bald too fast or something. 

Anyway there is website you can check out with all the horrible stuff that drug can do to your body.  I am scared about being bald but I have made the choice that I will choose my health forever over possabily losing my hair a little slower. 

Although from your pic you don't appear to be going bald so this process often takes awhile.  I like my shaved head but I have had some trouble from friends and family.  But trust me your health is so valuable.  I wish you would not take the risk.  I don't believe doctors are completely sure what that stuff does to your body.

Best Wishes,
Frank

Hi Frank,

Descision was made for me tonight, as i got a shave because of a stupid bet  B@n%. I can tell u it is a big shock! Two hours ago i had fairly long hair and now i look like a bald guy when looking in the mirror. At least i gave my buddies a nice night. I might post some pics if i ever get used to how i look.

Think i will work from homee tomorrow. I don't think i will feel like facing my co-workers  ???. Going clubbing in Amsterdam saterday night. Still hard to believe i have no hair. How did u get to support your new look?

Profile pic (which i removed tonight) was taken a year ago. Hairloss accelerated since than >:(, but i noticed it (AGA) at that time. Never had any problems with propecia when i took it. But i can understand why you and the guys here hate propecia. I play tennis, fitness, golf and soccer at least three times a week so i am very conscious of my health. That should somewhere compensate for taking the blue pill, but mst lay it off for ten months.

Cheers,

Dave

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »
Hey Dave, come on you have to post the a picture of the results.  You are killing me here.  We need to see.
 !B@

Offline wovercast

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Life is Good
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
Yeah post a pic. Look around we are all bald here! Also, did you take the blade to it? Smooth is the way to go!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2009, 06:59:58 PM »
Its no use wimpin out now: post a pic  :x!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2009, 07:01:01 PM »
Its no use wimpin out now: post a pic  :x!

Yep, seeing is believing.

Offline Ftank

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »
I guess not everyone has the problem with propecia that I had.  I hope you are adjusting to your new look alright.  This is a good place to get support for shaving your head.  It has inspired me.  I am glad it has become more acceptable and I don't have to run around with strands of a combover before I am 30.  Keep your chin up.

Frank

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2009, 01:17:48 AM »
Gotta see the pic, Dave... waiting, waiting, waiting.   :x!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2009, 08:23:55 PM »
Pics or ban...  :x!

Enter your email address: