Author Topic: Schick Quattro Titanium Razor  (Read 6260 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Schick Quattro Titanium Razor
« on: September 11, 2006, 10:26:06 PM »
Has anyone tried the Schick Quattro Titanium razor yet?  If so, how was the shave?  Did the blades last longer than other razors that you've used?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Re: Schick Quattro Titanium Razor
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 11:42:21 AM »
Hey Tyler,

I just bought the Quattro Titanium...actually, I bought a 2-pack of dandruff shampoo that had the Quattro Titanium as a gift in the box (along with two blades). I have no idea what to do with the shampoo...

Now, I've already reviewed the normal Quattro, but I hadn't tried the Titanium yet. As a matter of fact, I didn't know there was such a thing until I read your post.

Ok, the Titanium comes in a slightly different design. Actually, the design's the same, only the colour scheme is different - here you get chrome with white rubber (for the grip). Looks nice, definitely an improvement over the previous, and somewhat dull looking, Quattro in grey and black.

All right, the blades are supposed to be titanium coated. Wilkinson says Titanium coated blades last longer and shave better. Hm, that may or may not be true. However, the Quattro Titanium seems to shave a tad better than the normal Quattro. It's not like they're worlds apart, the shave is just a tad more comfortable, that's all. But curiously enough, I managed to miss a few spots - having not shaved with a Quattro for a couple of months you come to realise how bulky a 4-blade razor is compared to 2- and 3-blade razors.

As for the blades' longevity, I can't really tell...not yet. I just shaved once with it (this morning). With my normal Quattro I can shave up to four times with the same blade - after the third shave you realise the blades aren't that sharp any more and you'd better use a new blade, so the fourth shave is somewhat of a compromise, really.

I shall let you know in a couple of days how long these new titanium coated blades last.
As far as the price is concerned: I have no idea how much the titanium blades cost - I haven't seen them in any
shop yet. The normal Quattro blades are 6 Euro ($7,30) for the pack of 4. If the titanium ones cost more than 7,50 Euro I won't bother buying them. The difference just isn't that obvious to merit that much of a price difference.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 11:48:06 AM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Re: Schick Quattro Titanium Razor
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 04:18:30 AM »
Supplemental:

Ok, I promised to get back to you regarding the longevity of these new blades.

Now, as I mentioned the gift package (containing the Titanium razor) contained
two blades.

So far I've used up the first.
The first shave was exceptional. I didn't notice any difference (i.e. deterioration) after the second shave. It was still VERY sharp. After the third shave, and still seeing no difference in the blade's performance, I got curious...hm, how long do these things last?  At that point I would have thrown a normal quattro blade away. But I went ahead for a 4th shave, and it was still quite sharp.

However, I threw it away after the 4th shave and decided to start with a fresh one next time. That's just me, anybody else could have easily used it for a 5th and 6th shave.

So yes, these new Titanium blades are indeed a little better than the normal quattro blades. My guess is, you could have about two more shaves with this new blade compared to the normal quattro ones.

Another thing I've noticed is, you get a very close shave with these blades. I shaved 3 days ago and the stubble isn't that noticeable. I never got these kind of results with my Extreme III razors. I think I'll stick with this new Quattro for a while...

However, I still haven't been able to find any blade packs on the shelves so far.
It seems it'll take a few more weeks for all the stores to get supplied with these new blades. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it...

Who loves ya, baby?

Enter your email address: