Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Beards

Best way to sculpt your facial hair

(1/3) > >>

ZoneTripper:
hi to everyone, first post and good to find this forum.

I've been shaving my head for 10 years and playin around with different facial hair styles for just as long  Still not settled on one i like! always end up bk with just a bit of longer growth under my bottom lip and some stubble.

question is what the best thing to shave in some clean lines either side when growin a goatee and bit of a moustache combo?  u know the problem a Mach 3 is too wide for the job.  I could ask Gilette for a half size version but dont think much of my chances  ;)

What do you guys use?

ZT in the UK

dieseldan04:
I use regular hair clippers and turn them on edge for a good clean line and then shave sideways to the line to get it crisp.  Beauty supply stores sell the small finishing razors and they would be good for that if you can get them.

ZoneTripper:
Hey thanks a lot dieseldan, the clippers method sounds good.  Smooth lines here i come! :)

D.A.L.U.I.:
I haven't grown a beard for many a year until about 6 weeks ago.  My suggestion, based on what I was able to find was to let it grow a full month and to either let it "all hang out" or at least a lot more than you think you want for at least a month before beginning any shaping or major sculpting.  So far it's working, and I've gotten a start on a rather full goatee.   So, I recommend that you let it grow, unmolested for at least a month, and if trimmed at all trimmed very generously to allow for some work once it matures and you know how the hair grows and behaves with more length unless you're one of the guys with an extremely dense growth that defines it self within two weeks. 

As an aside I am getting some major compliments and that has moved me from a position that I'll probably get rid of it by Easter, to a 50% chance of keeping it--at least until today.  My boss was in town for a presentation and the first thing he said was that it looked really good, "especially with the shiny dome!"  My wife also likes it--can't figure her out, she hates the dome even though all I would have is a fringe and thin growth on top.  Oh, well, maybe after we're married another 34 years I'll have her figured out!
Again from my own experience with this chin mitten all I have done is run a clipper with a #2 comb over the growth under my chin--that's it, and it keeps it from looking too ragged. 

Good luck.

Rob:
I can't give much advice, because my beard is just as it grows: the shape of it is dictated by the natural growth of my facial hair.  Saint is right in saying just grow it a while before trimming it though, and then clip it down or grow it longer depending on taste.  I havent actually clipped mine yet, as I'm happy with the length.  Wondering whether to grow a 'tash, but I quite like the 'true goat' without the 'tash at the moment. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version