Author Topic: Trucks and SUVs  (Read 18680 times)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: Trucks and SUVs
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 11:26:26 PM »
05' Tacoma 4X4.... yup, RED!  (and paid for too!)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 08:24:08 AM »
Ya can't beat paid for!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 08:58:12 AM »
2001 Toyota 4 Runner, but I'm thinking of trading it in for a mustang convertible. I want something with better gas mileage and we'll if I have to get a car, I want it to be fun!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 09:12:20 AM »
If it were me in the Mustang, gas mileage would go way down. Serious abuse of power.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 09:17:53 AM »
My wife wants a 2005 Mustang convertible, we've been talking about trading in her Santa Fe.  Course with Diesel going up, and up, and up, I've been talking about selling the jeep, and the F350 and getting me an S2000.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 02:03:40 PM »
2001 Toyota 4 Runner, but I'm thinking of trading it in for a mustang convertible. I want something with better gas mileage and we'll if I have to get a car, I want it to be fun!

Check out the Chrysler hardtop convertible.  That car is just sweet and I would think the hard top would be better suited for the bad weather down there.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 02:06:02 PM »
My wife wants a 2005 Mustang convertible, we've been talking about trading in her Santa Fe.  Course with Diesel going up, and up, and up, I've been talking about selling the jeep, and the F350 and getting me an S2000.

S2000 is an awesome vehicle to drive. Not very comfortable getting in and out though.

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 02:14:31 PM »

Check out the Chrysler hardtop convertible.  That car is just sweet and I would think the hard top would be better suited for the bad weather down there.

I was looking at the Seabrings (sorry if I spelled that wrong)....and they discontinued making them....there are not a lot of 4 seater convertibles to choose from on the market with a price range of 18 to 25 thousand, except the mustang........if you have any ideas definately shoot them my way!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 02:24:15 PM »

S2000 is an awesome vehicle to drive. Not very comfortable getting in and out though.

I haven't test drove one yet, but like the looks, also like the Pontiac Solstice.

But might also wait for the new Dodge Challenger.  Not a convertible, but if it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures, will be worth the wait.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 02:26:13 PM by VFRWolf »
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »

I haven't test drove one yet, but like the looks, also like the Pontiac Solstice.

But might also wait for the new Dodge Challenger.  Not a convertible, but if it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures, will be worth the wait.

That Challenger looks AWESOME  `dr**l `dr**l

If the production car is anything like the concept it will definitely be worth the wait.

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2007, 06:07:46 PM »
I drive a 93 Chevy Silverado 4X4 with a 5.7L V8 (that would be the LT1, same engine as the Corvette and Police Package Caprice Classics).  I've had it less than a year, but I LOVE it.  She sounds sweet with my Flowmaster duals on there too!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 04:37:44 PM »
I drive a 93 Chevy Silverado 4X4 with a 5.7L V8 (that would be the LT1, same engine as the Corvette and Police Package Caprice Classics).  I've had it less than a year, but I LOVE it.  She sounds sweet with my Flowmaster duals on there too!

Nothing like the thump of dual exhaust.

I will soon be acquiring a 460 for the Mater. Then it should pass everything but a gas station. I'll still need to build it and bore it out, but I can't pass it up for $40

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2007, 02:11:43 PM »
Hot Cajun,

If you want a butt kicking convertible you might want to consider the Pontiac G6 hard-top convertible, they are really sweet!  I just sold the first one we got in last week and it is an awesome car!
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

jusbnme

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2007, 06:51:25 PM »
Okay, don't everyone make fun of me at once but I drive a 2006 Honda Civic.  At the time money was tight, which it is even tighter now since I haven't been working for a year, but I actually wanted a jeep or a mini-SUV.  I was looking at the Honda CRV, Jeep Liberty, Ford  Escape, etc... I've always seen myself in one of those type of vehicles.  I'm not really into anything too big and bulky.  Plus the bigger SUVs are just too expensive to me and most of them are "gas hogs."  Like I said, at the time I bought the Civic I was driving a 1987 Dodge Shadow that was on it's last leg.  We had just paid off my wife's newer car so we could afford another payment but just not too much.  So after searching around I got a good loan from my bank on the Civic that was in our budget.  Plus the gas mileage is good and I'm sure if I needed it to it would last forever.  But hopefully the firefighting job will work out, and if it does the first thing I'm doing is trading my Civic in for something I really wanted in the first place.  I think I have my eye on the Jeep Liberty.  My wife and I like the body style on the Ford Escape but I've heard rumors that they were made to look pretty good but aren't really made to last.  The only big SUV that I would probably consider getting would be the Nissan Xterra.  I love the way they look.  Okay, I'm done now.  Everyone here with the trucks, suvs, and jeeps can start making fun of me for my little old Civic now.   :-\ :-[

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2007, 11:27:59 PM »
Hot Cajun,

If you want a butt kicking convertible you might want to consider the Pontiac G6 hard-top convertible, they are really sweet!  I just sold the first one we got in last week and it is an awesome car!

How hard is it to take that hard top off????