Author Topic: Trucks and SUVs  (Read 18570 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Trucks and SUVs
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 04:14:50 PM »
1994 Toyota 4Runner, SR5 V6 4WD, only has 146k on it, runs like a Kenyan. We keep in in very good condition. It was our 3rd car for a while until we the wife's commuter car out to pasture. Replacement parts / repairs have only been for wear items, and it does a good job towing the snowmobiles. Our mechanic has said on several occassions "Don't ever replace this car".

Don't plan to anytime soon.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline James

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 01:17:22 PM »
1996 GMC Jimmy 4X4 125,000 miles
love it but if i have enough money this summer im gonna replace it with something else, i dont know what yet....

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 12:20:09 AM »
I drive a 2005 GMC 2500 HD crew cab 4x4.  I just love the Duramax Diesel engine and the Allison transmission.  I had to have one after I started selling them!  I am a car salesman who is very addicted to cars!  My problem is that I like way too many different cars.  My dream car is a 1967 GTO......maybe in a few months, finally!
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 07:05:56 AM »
I drive a 2005 GMC 2500 HD crew cab 4x4.  I just love the Duramax Diesel engine and the Allison transmission.  I had to have one after I started selling them!  I am a car salesman who is very addicted to cars!  My problem is that I like way too many different cars.  My dream car is a 1967 GTO......maybe in a few months, finally!

That Duramax and Allison combo make for one bad pickup Dan. I would venture to guess that you work at a GMC-Pontiac dealer?

My boss has an '03 Chevy identical to yours and he can't say enough good things about it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 04:09:53 PM »
2002 jeep liberty
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 04:13:23 PM »

My dream car is a 1967 GTO......maybe in a few months, finally!

Sellin' a few Caddy's, ey?  O0

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »
2002 jeep liberty

And yet another Jeep!  Too bad GM is considering buying Chrysler
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 09:57:46 PM »
I do work at a Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Pontiac, and GMC dealer.  I just love my GMC truck, I always had Dodges before
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 06:46:56 AM »
I do work at a Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Pontiac, and GMC dealer.  I just love my GMC truck, I always had Dodges before

The thing that gets me nervous about the Duramax are the aluminum heads. That just doesn't seem right on a diesel, since they run so hot.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 07:03:13 AM »
My problem with them was the unreliable injectors, that you had to pull the valve covers (IIRC) to get too. 

Now mate a cummins to that alison tranny, put them into the Ford body, we would have my dream truck.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 07:07:03 AM »
My problem with them was the unreliable injectors, that you had to pull the valve covers (IIRC) to get too. 

Now mate a cummins to that alison tranny, put them into the Ford body, we would have my dream truck.

The injectors carry a 200K warranty now! Damn!

Cummins engine with an Alison trans and Ford body would be pretty OK

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 09:52:26 AM »
2005 Caddy Escalade ESV. In my line of work, I'm taking clients on golf outings or dinners. On ther personal side I need to haul my four kids' stuff when we road trip. Thank goodness I can right the beast off on my taxes.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 12:59:36 PM »
I'm not brand loyal, but I did get screwed on a Dodge Truck with 38k miles on it by their warranty department, chevy trucks, IMO are downright ugly.  And I've had good luck with Fords of late, jury is still out how long my 6.0 lasts, but I have 65k miles on a 2005, and Ford covered the Turbo, EGR cooler, and HPOV under their 100k warranty.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 05:02:59 PM »
end of year 2004 F-150 STX Supercab...got 19k miles on it so far...love it but kinda wish i would of got a 4x4...but i couldnt justify the extra cash at the time.

VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 03:06:14 AM »
I'm amazed we haven't had a couple more people come on and say they also drive a Jeep.  ;D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.