Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362667 times)

Offline plambermont

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #720 on: December 27, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »
Here is my shave routine. Get a glass of wine, go to the shower, scrub my head in hot water with Doctor Bronner's Peppermint soap and a bristle brush while I scrub the rest of my body. After I wash, I run a sink of hot water and then lather my head using a boars head shaving brush with whatever shaving soap I have on hand. I then shave using either a HeadBlade or a Safety razor. I do it twice, with grain and against grain. Do it nice and slow. I never cut myself. After the shave, cold water rinse, Old Spice After Shave and then Nivea after shave balm. THe glass of wine helps me have slow ritual.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #721 on: December 28, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »
The shave with the wine is something I’ll have to try. A little music also.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline plambermont

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #722 on: December 28, 2017, 08:35:44 PM »
Definitely music.

Offline Sciguy68

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #723 on: December 31, 2017, 06:17:10 AM »
I shave in front of the sink using proglide. When I first started shaving my head, I used to put a hot face cloth on my head while I shaved my face first. When I shave my head, I go back to front then front to back. I cut myself every time I don't use a mirror, strange but true!

Offline Denis Fisher

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #724 on: May 13, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »
I don't shave every day and use Gillette fusion.

Offline frangi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #725 on: May 19, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »
new method and it works great
invested in a good water softener, huge difference
gilette guard razor very cheap
straight jojoba oil and thats it
also shave in the shower
great results

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #726 on: June 30, 2018, 02:20:39 AM »
I completed a 30 day challenge two weeks ago of shaving with a straight, I got tired of using cartridges, after I shower, I lather up and it’s pass one against the grain with my Straight, then I lather up and shave with the grain with a straight razor, then I put on aftershave then an aloe moisturizer.

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #727 on: July 20, 2018, 10:32:25 PM »
I shave while I shower, alternating between the Gillette Fusion with Dr. Bronner's Shaving Soap; and the Parker 24C DE Safety Razor with WhatTZzUp's Shaving Soap of the Gods. I finish off with Shave Secret to condition the head.
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #728 on: July 21, 2018, 07:24:45 AM »
I shave while I shower, alternating between the Gillette Fusion with Dr. Bronner's Shaving Soap; and the Parker 24C DE Safety Razor with WhatTZzUp's Shaving Soap of the Gods. I finish off with Shave Secret to condition the head.

I also found Shave Secret great as an after shave complement. Plus I like the scent.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #729 on: November 26, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »
hot shower, room steamed.  cream,  razor.  New blade weekly. with and against grain, usually 2 passes. feel for stubble and hit again if needed.   apply Kilz moisturizer to face and head after air/towel dry. the days, I miss, I prob save 5-6 minutes of bathroom time. Get dressed, finish coffee, put dentures in and go!

if I'm ready to leave the house and notice a missed spot, I'll hit it with my electric .
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:10:05 PM by chrisphilly123 »

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
« Reply #730 on: December 02, 2018, 04:46:26 PM »
My own routine is, shaving foam with the grain.  More shaving foam, against the grain.  I then go across the grain in both directions.  Im thinking of cutting out the cross grain passes though, it takes between 15-20 mins, all told.

Offline Catalyst

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #731 on: December 03, 2018, 07:03:34 PM »
My routine so far and so good is shave with Either HeadLube or pacific shaving cream with Schick Extreme 3 and it’s all against the grain.  I do have the headblade moto but it seems I’m going over so many times, that it’s causing razor burn.  I do have some hb3 on the way maybe that’s the problem.  The hb4 doesn’t seem to cut any hairs.   I don’t know any thoughts?

Enter your email address: