Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 373684 times)

Offline plambermont

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #720 on: December 27, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »
Here is my shave routine. Get a glass of wine, go to the shower, scrub my head in hot water with Doctor Bronner's Peppermint soap and a bristle brush while I scrub the rest of my body. After I wash, I run a sink of hot water and then lather my head using a boars head shaving brush with whatever shaving soap I have on hand. I then shave using either a HeadBlade or a Safety razor. I do it twice, with grain and against grain. Do it nice and slow. I never cut myself. After the shave, cold water rinse, Old Spice After Shave and then Nivea after shave balm. THe glass of wine helps me have slow ritual.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #721 on: December 28, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »
The shave with the wine is something I’ll have to try. A little music also.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline plambermont

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #722 on: December 28, 2017, 08:35:44 PM »
Definitely music.

Offline Sciguy68

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #723 on: December 31, 2017, 06:17:10 AM »
I shave in front of the sink using proglide. When I first started shaving my head, I used to put a hot face cloth on my head while I shaved my face first. When I shave my head, I go back to front then front to back. I cut myself every time I don't use a mirror, strange but true!

Offline Denis Fisher

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #724 on: May 13, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »
I don't shave every day and use Gillette fusion.

Offline frangi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #725 on: May 19, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »
new method and it works great
invested in a good water softener, huge difference
gilette guard razor very cheap
straight jojoba oil and thats it
also shave in the shower
great results

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #726 on: June 30, 2018, 02:20:39 AM »
I completed a 30 day challenge two weeks ago of shaving with a straight, I got tired of using cartridges, after I shower, I lather up and it’s pass one against the grain with my Straight, then I lather up and shave with the grain with a straight razor, then I put on aftershave then an aloe moisturizer.

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #727 on: July 20, 2018, 10:32:25 PM »
I shave while I shower, alternating between the Gillette Fusion with Dr. Bronner's Shaving Soap; and the Parker 24C DE Safety Razor with WhatTZzUp's Shaving Soap of the Gods. I finish off with Shave Secret to condition the head.
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #728 on: July 21, 2018, 07:24:45 AM »
I shave while I shower, alternating between the Gillette Fusion with Dr. Bronner's Shaving Soap; and the Parker 24C DE Safety Razor with WhatTZzUp's Shaving Soap of the Gods. I finish off with Shave Secret to condition the head.

I also found Shave Secret great as an after shave complement. Plus I like the scent.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #729 on: November 26, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »
hot shower, room steamed.  cream,  razor.  New blade weekly. with and against grain, usually 2 passes. feel for stubble and hit again if needed.   apply Kilz moisturizer to face and head after air/towel dry. the days, I miss, I prob save 5-6 minutes of bathroom time. Get dressed, finish coffee, put dentures in and go!

if I'm ready to leave the house and notice a missed spot, I'll hit it with my electric .
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:10:05 PM by chrisphilly123 »

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
« Reply #730 on: December 02, 2018, 04:46:26 PM »
My own routine is, shaving foam with the grain.  More shaving foam, against the grain.  I then go across the grain in both directions.  Im thinking of cutting out the cross grain passes though, it takes between 15-20 mins, all told.

Offline Catalyst

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #731 on: December 03, 2018, 07:03:34 PM »
My routine so far and so good is shave with Either HeadLube or pacific shaving cream with Schick Extreme 3 and it’s all against the grain.  I do have the headblade moto but it seems I’m going over so many times, that it’s causing razor burn.  I do have some hb3 on the way maybe that’s the problem.  The hb4 doesn’t seem to cut any hairs.   I don’t know any thoughts?

Offline jason_greets

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #732 on: June 19, 2024, 01:08:22 PM »
Mine's pretty simple:

I get into a hot shower, gently massage my head, put in some shaving gel, start shaving my head with a multi-blade razor first with the grain then against it, and rinse off my head.  After leaving the shower, I put some aftershave.  Repeat everyday when I take a shower.

Sometimes I use one of those razorless cream lotions and they usually leave my head very smooth, but it doesn't last very long.
Bald by Choice since July 2023!  Having hair is overrated.

Enter your email address: