Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 366960 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #645 on: December 19, 2013, 10:01:17 AM »
My routine has been greatly simplified over the last 18 months:

Shampoo (yeah, I know, there's no hair) to get rid of the oil/grime
Exfoliate (currently using HeadShed)
Shave (currently using HeadSlick)
Rinse
Towel dry
Done.

That's a nice, quick and simple routine FG. Over time we learn to pare it down to what works for us.
Good to see you back by the way!   O0

Offline Ridzky

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #646 on: December 23, 2013, 09:11:29 AM »
 :D
Switch to hot water.
Let my head get wet for a minute.
Use my Gillete shaving gel nice on my head.
Let my Mach3 under the hot water for maybe like 30 secs.
Shave WTG if I'm going to work. ATG if I'm out with girlfriend or friends. (usually I'd take two/three passes no more than that)
Rinse my head with hot water.
Apply Nivea post-shaving balm for 5-10 minutes.
Rinse it off with cold water and dry my head with a towel.

When it's dried out, I apply a Nivea moisturizer and let it dry out again.
Then I would apply an olive oil.

:XX
I just love being bald!

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #647 on: December 27, 2013, 06:54:46 AM »
Recently I have been shaving at the gym 3 days per week.  I take a very hot shower and then shave my stubble at the sink with Head Lube and a gillette fusion.  Wipe down with a towel, splash a little cold water, and I'm done.

Offline Jungle Juice

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #648 on: December 27, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
Wet scalp, add shave secret mix with Barbasol shaving cream and shave ATG.After that I take a hot shower while using the ice cube rub method on the back of my neck line.Then I wash scalp with Dr.Bronner's 18-in-1 hemp tea tree pure castile soap.Towel dry and add a splash of witch hazel to the dome, Done!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:04:15 PM by Jungle Juice »

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #649 on: December 27, 2013, 02:12:44 PM »
Just started shaving my head a little over a month ago.

First two times I went to an old school barbershop and got the whole hot towel treatment and straight razor shave.  I figured let me get a professional to do it right the first few times before I tackle it myself.  Now I'm doing it myself and I've gotten it down to about 7-10 minutes now.

I'm also a sink shaver.  I've been using the Mach 3 Turbo and have started to shave every other day.  The razor's lasted me about 3 weeks now.  This morning I accidentally used my Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide and it gave me an even smoother shave without having to go back through certain areas too many times.  I think that's gonna be my razor of choice on my head from now on.  My routine is as follows; it's pretty cut and dry:

1.  Hot shower (If I'm in a rush, then I'll wet my head with hot water in the sink)
2.  Still washing my head with my Bosley Hair Shampoo (Also use it on my beard)
3.  I don't dry the head out of the shower and lather the front first with AVEENO® POSITIVELY SMOOTH® Shave Gel
4.  Shave front to back (to the top of the head actually) from the left side to the right side
5.  Lather up the back ( I found that lathering in sections allows the shave cream to not dry up as much)
6.  Shave up from the bottom of my neck to the top of the head
7.  Rinse off with hot water and feel around for stubbles and touch up accordingly until everything feels smooth
8.  Trim the top of my sideburns and around the ear with the 6th blade of the Pro-Glide
9.  Rinse off with cold water and pat dry.
10.  Finally I apply AVEENO® Men's™ After Shave Lotion all over the head for that nice cooling sensation.

Like I said, it's pretty cut and dry.  I found that shaving my head every other day makes shaving faster as compared to when I waited every 3 days or so and there was longer growth.  I've only nicked myself once so far and that was because I got happy the first time I shaved my head myself, and that was near the end of the shave.  It does get shiny and oily throughout the day but doesn't bother me too much.  Overall shaving my head is starting to get addicting and I've gotten positive responses to my shiny dome, especially from the ladies.  I shoulda done this a long time ago!
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #650 on: December 30, 2013, 01:36:34 PM »
Hey, DOC_OSMC.

Just noticed this was your first post.

Welcome to the Board, sir.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
« Reply #651 on: December 31, 2013, 10:45:31 AM »
Thanks Cave Dweller!  This board is quite addicting.  I'm learning quite a few things.  Even spent some time now in the Beard section and I thought I knew my beard pretty well!  Hahaha!

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #652 on: February 03, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »
Hot shower, somersets shave oil applied before Headslick, then headslick, shave, rinse head, exfoliate, rinse head, moisturizer or dome care anti aging serum, I have been using this stuff for about the last 6-7 months, all together head care time around 20 minutes.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline PabloSanDiego

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #653 on: February 04, 2014, 11:44:04 PM »
My first post.  After years of talking about it, on Super Bowl Sunday I finally went to the store and bought a new razor and gel and went for it.  Now I can't believe I didn't do it sooner, I love it and have had nothing but compliments.

After some quick research I bought a Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor.  I didn't even know there was a power model and non power model until I got home and found the AAA battery in the package.  I probably would have bought the non power model if I saw it, but I'm Ok with this one even though it seems gimmicky.

I didn't know which shaving gel to buy so I bought the Gillette Fusion Pro Glide shaving gel.  It seems to work OK but I have nothing to compare it with.  Also, I haven't seen anyone recommend it yet, so I'm guessing there's better stuff out there.  So I plan to do some more reading.

As for my routine, I'm still figuring it out but I'm going to be a daily shaver.  After 3 times, I don't have much of a routine yet but I shave in the shower with hot water, no mirror.  Shave by feel seems to work fine.  I'm sort of all over the place, against and with the grain, just keep running my fingers over my scalp until the stubble is mostly gone.

I don't have much of an after shave routine yet.  I shave my face in the sink after my shower and head shave, using my trusty Sensor razor and Clinique Shave Gel and Clinique After Shave Soother balm.  I've been using the "Soother" on my head too the last 3 days.

My head is naturally oily, so I don't think I need a moisturizer.  But from reading here, it seems like I need to get something to put on my head after shaving.

So that's it, rank beginner still.  But 3 days, no cuts, close shaves, and a great look.  100% happy with the decision and that's not going to change.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #654 on: February 05, 2014, 03:27:40 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome Pablo!

Looks great mate. You definitely in the right forums. Great bunch of people on here with heaps of experience.

O use the Fusion Proglide. It is a great shaver. At the moment i shave every few days. My head is quite sensitive (Sore at times) so i am not going to shave every day yet. I like the bald look too and have a Goatee like yours!

I am looking and trying Headslick for the shaving cream as it has some great reviews. At the mo i use Wilkinson Sword shaving cream.

Anyway, enjoy your stay here!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #655 on: February 05, 2014, 04:03:41 AM »
Welcome aboard, Pablo! Congrats on taking the plunge....If/when you get a chance, why don't you post up a brief introduction in our Introductions section so the gang can give you a proper welcome! Looks great, BTW.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
« Reply #656 on: February 05, 2014, 01:14:19 PM »
Welcome Pablo!  You look like a natural with that bald head.  Give it time and you'll find a routine that works for you.  Kudos on shaving by feel right from the get go!  I only started doing that this week after doing it in front of the mirror, and with a handheld to see the back, for the first few months. I found that shaving by feel and in the shower makes my shaving time go faster and smoother.

As you can see from by routine description above, I like the Fusion Pro-Glide and I use the Aveeno products for shaving and after shave.

Let us know how you progress and chime in often.

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #657 on: February 05, 2014, 02:45:40 PM »
Welcome, Pablo.  It does look great on you.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #658 on: February 05, 2014, 07:22:25 PM »
Very simple routine

1. Take a shower as I normally would
2. Dry off body wet dome
3. Lather up dome (bump defense shave gel) or whatever shave gel I have
4. Fill up sink with warm or hot water
5. Wet razor shave wtg
6. Wipe off dome with wet wash cloth/ drain sink refill if needed
7. Re lather and shave again if needed
8. Wash dome with shampoo or mens cleansing moisurizer (deep sea cosmetics)
9. Cold water rinse
10. Towel off dome
11. Apply aftershave gel and herbal moisturizer (bump defense) sometimes body lotion also
12. Clean up sink area

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #659 on: February 06, 2014, 02:07:06 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dont you go atg?

Enter your email address: