Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362602 times)

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2007, 03:19:16 PM »
afro sheen! i remember that from the 70's soul train commercials...
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2007, 04:41:41 PM »
afro sheen! i remember that from the 70's soul train commercials...

I think I remember that stuff. Was that like jerri curl.(sp)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2007, 11:13:04 PM »
Modifications to my previous routine/alternate routine(however you prefer to look at it)

1)  I use edge pro gel(various kinds, whatever one I have/buy) and lather up good in the shower.

2)   Then I keep a towel for my head in the shower and I run hot water over it.

3)   Place hot towel on head covered in lubricant.    Leave on for about a minute(basically until the towel cools/that's when you know to take it off).   Then re-lather, and repeat a second time.   Then finally lather up a 3rd time with no towel.

4)   Then use your razor of choice(mine is the electric norelco cool skin variety) and go against the grain all around the head, with one pass for cross grain and another with the grain.   

5)    Take out fusion razor(I bought the phantom this past friday) and touch up all around head for ultimate smoothness.   

6)    Cold water rinse for anywhere from 1-5 minutes and then you are done.   

Basically thursday night I decided that just to do something different, I would go to a barber shop and get a lather shave friday.   Which I did.     I saw how the lady doing the shave lathered up and used a hot towel directly on it, and how good it worked.    So I decided to incorporate it into my routine. 

Also, I just decided for the heck of it to get a regular razor just to give me the ability to vary my routine/get a little closer, and I found a fusion phantom razor at walmart for 9.50 or so.    Tried it, and liked how close it got.    Only issue was a couple cuts/nicks, but that was the first time using it.     

So after 3-4 shaves using the fusion this weekend, I created that routine described above.    The reasoning being that using the electric for the heavy lifting will help in cut/nick prevention, and it will preserve the life of the fusion blades as I just bought 4 extra cartridges for 14 bucks at walgreens tonight.

Plus this way, I get to use both razors.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 11:15:03 PM by David »
bald for life

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
I've just got to say that I've gotten so many good tips from this thread that I just had to join this site!  I've been bald for five days and don't know why I didn't do it sooner.  Anyway, here's the routine...

1.  Out of bed (fifteen minutes late normally)
2.  Hot water rinse
3.  Lather up the HeadSlick
4.  Against the grain with my new HeadBlade Sport
5.  Cold water rinse (new addition from this tread)
6.  Witchhazel (also a new addition from this thread)
7.  Top it all off with HeadLube Glossy and out the door.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »
I've just got to say that I've gotten so many good tips from this thread that I just had to join this site!  I've been bald for five days and don't know why I didn't do it sooner.  Anyway, here's the routine...

2.  Hot water rinse

Looking very SLY SC!!  Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2007, 05:34:36 PM »
Glad you decided to join SC! It's cool to see what kind of an influence we're having in people's lives. The positive ones at least. If we've had a negative impact on anyone, please do let us know how we corrupted you. We'd like to continue the reign of terror.  :D ;D  :o O0
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2007, 05:46:34 PM »

2.  Hot water rinse

welcome to the world of sly.
bald for life

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »
Welcome SlickCountry
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2007, 06:34:04 PM »
Glad you decided to join SC! It's cool to see what kind of an influence we're having in people's lives. The positive ones at least. If we've had a negative impact on anyone, please do let us know how we corrupted you. We'd like to continue the reign of terror.  :D ;D  :o O0

We'll since you asked, my wife was hoping this would pass (No chance of that!)  She thinks you are all a negative influence on me.  lol

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2007, 07:10:08 PM »

We'll since you asked, my wife was hoping this would pass (No chance of that!)  She thinks you are all a negative influence on me.  lol

I will Drink to that!   ;D 
Man, All I have to say is this: SlyBaldGuys.com, "Influencing" the Bald BadA##es of America... Against the will of their Wives and Families!  :x! O:O >:D gu!l+)
Peace

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2007, 04:01:31 AM »
Welcome Slick Country, glad you found us.   O0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2007, 07:04:37 AM »

Now that is funny right there
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2007, 01:47:02 PM »
Welcome Slickcountry!!!  The sly look fits you well.  Don't worry about the wife.  My wife wasn't really into the whole bald thing when I first did it but just like me, it had to grow on her.  Now she loves it and thinks it's the best look for me.  Just give her a little time and she'll be rubbing that sly dome in no time.   ;) O0

Offline iBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »
Mine.

A little scrub to the head and face (every other day)

A load of hot water

King of Shaves Alpha Oil

More water

HeadSlick

A Quatro to my face

Headblade Sport (just replaced from the classic) to the dome.

Cold Water

Matte or Glossy depending on my mood and a few sprays of HeadShade

Done.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2007, 04:54:39 PM »
Nice, Welcome By the way iBald.   O0
Peace