Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 367776 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #420 on: October 11, 2010, 04:00:14 PM »
Me to me to.

Offline joe mcclaine

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #421 on: October 11, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »
Wash head with soap
Slap on Noxzema foam
Scrape off with razor
Rinse with cold water

Purist!   :*))

J/K    O:O

O0

I like to keep it simple. I have enough on making sure I'm wearing matching socks.
Vinny (not Joe McClaine - that was just the real name of 1960's Gerry Anderson puppet Joe 90)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »

O0

I like to keep it simple. I have enough on making sure I'm wearing matching socks.

Hey wait!  They're supposed to match?  :o

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline RayzorBlade

• Sly Jr.
  • Shave Your Dome
    • Rayzor Blade
« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »
I flip flop, shower shave with hot water, next day sink shave. I find this helps cut down on too much shine. I know some like shine, but hot water shower shaves too often makes my head too shiny. I rarely ever get razor bumps doing it this way. WTG and then ATG. Works for me.

Offline jimbobjohnbrown

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #424 on: November 26, 2010, 10:56:27 AM »
Once a day with my wet/dry.  I go dry, too lazy to do the whole wet shave with it.  Works fine dry I think.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #425 on: December 28, 2010, 01:21:43 PM »
Hey rward thanks for the tip.   O0 I am going to check out CVS for that.  Here is my routine.

Jump in shower
wash head face and bod
Put  fusion thermal scrub on head and shave face
Rinse dome shave with Bald Guyz get.
shave front to back then up the back of head and check sides for stubble
rinse, dry bald guyz mositure get and done  :@`

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #426 on: January 15, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »
Apply Williams Lectric Shave to my head.
Wait about 2 minutes
Shave with my Conair CleanHead electric shaver
Rinse my head with cold water for 30 seconds
Dry my head with a towel
Apply Banana Boat sun screen

Offline TheBreeze

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #427 on: February 04, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »
I've been doing it for a few months now with good results, so I will share my routine.

-I work out a lot, so I will normally shave after a workout
-Get into shower and get the hot water going, get the dome nice and warmed up
-Exfoliate with Head Shed
-Using a shave brush, I whip up a super lather with Caswell Massey Greenbriar Shave Soap, a few pumps of pure glycerin and some Caswell Massey Greenbriar Shave Cream
-Apply lather to all of head and face
-I use the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power
-Shave face with the grain
-Shave head with the grain
-Rinse and reapply lather to head and face
-Shave face against the grain
-Reapply some lather on the head
-Shave head against the grain
-Rinse and exit shower, pat dry head and face
-Rinse entire face and head with cold water
-Apply Clear Head to face and head and allow a bit of time to dry (brush teeth)
-Apply Head Lube or Jergens Natural Glow
-Splash on some Caswell Massey Greenbriar after shave
-Conquer the world

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #428 on: February 04, 2011, 01:39:01 PM »
A man after my own heart!  A good head shave can't be rushed. ^-^

Breeze, you're as much of a product 'ho as me.  :*))

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline TheBreeze

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #429 on: February 04, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »
I do like me some good product, always have.

Using good stuff and being thorough makes it more enjoyable for me, plus the results are very good.  I can get through my routine very quickly now too, so I am on my way! 

Offline luky7evens

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #430 on: February 24, 2011, 04:31:30 AM »
Hello all

First off I'm new here and have been shaving my head for well about 5 years, and all I have to say is how much I have been not doing and probably been missing out on in these past 5 years.

Well my routine as follows right now is.

every 3rd day

1. splash hot water on my head. (not letting it soak in or anything)
2. use Gillette foamy on. (again not letting it sit at all)
3. the proceed to shave AGT starting with the back, then going to the side, then the top.
4. after that I will run my fingers over my head and go over any spots that are rough.

So needless to say after looking at forums on this site, and reading some articles online I will be changing my routine and seeing how that works.

Offline Goldy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #431 on: March 17, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »
First I take my razor and put it in a glass jar with about 1/2" of Hydrogen Peroxide in it, to let it soak/disinfect while I take a shower.

Work some Bald Guys shampoo into my scalp and let it marinate while I wash up. Rinse.

Get out of shower without drying off dome.

Get the water nice and hot in the sink, put a few drops of Shave Secret in my hands with water and massage my scalp a bit.

Rinse off blade and apply Aveeno Calming with a brush.

Shave with the grain all over, leaving the back of neck for last. Check for any patches. Check around my ears. Rewet my hands and massage the reactivated Shave Secret, spread leftover Aveeno. Shave against the grain. Check around my ears again. Check for any missed spots and hit 'em up.

Get water nice and cold. Rinse off and PAT dry my head. Apply Aloe Vera & Vitamin E Baby Oil Gel. (1 or 2 drops) Massage into scalp really well. Let that sit in while I shave my face/around the beard/brush me teeth, etc. Soft cloth buff off excess oil.

Boom, done.

I've only shaved my head 3 times (been using the Cleanhead prior) but I can get it done, including shaving around my beard in about 10 minutes. No nicks, no irritation. I also use the Bald Guys Gel from time to time during the day, since sometime the top of my head gets a bit flaky. Nothing too gross, just dry.

The hydrogen peroxide bath I've been giving my blades has helped TREMENDOUSLY. Not only am I getting a super close shave, my blades have been lasting much, much longer.

I'd also like to try the Aloe Vera/Vitamin E regular Baby OIL, not the gel. Seems like it would work better since the gel is so thick, it seems like I'm wasting it if I use more than three small drops. It definitely makes your dome feel nice and smooth though.

Offline Jimlog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2011, 07:23:16 PM »
Just did a shower shave using Bald Guyz shave gel and Gillette Fusion razor. Went over my whole head twice against the grain. Rinsed off and finished with some Bald Guyz moisture gel and a little Headlube glossy. EXCELLENT result. Ultra smooth and a nice shine to boot!

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #433 on: April 19, 2011, 12:28:33 AM »
i haven't mastered the technique of shaving my head without a mirror. so i shave at the sink. and i've been shaving for about 4 months.

My Procedures:
Wet my head for about 4 mintues with HOT WATER

Rub in EDGE SENSITIVE SKIN GEL. Let it sit for about 2 to 3 mintues

Get my razor. after i use my razor after 3 times i get a new one. ( I USE THE MACH 3 TURBO)

I start on my top and shave from the right side of my head to the left side. as i go futher back, i shave AGAINST THE GRAIN BUT DON'T APPLY PRESSURE!!!!

Once I get to the back I shave from the left side of my head to my right side. as i go futher down, ONCE AGAIN I SHAVE AGAINST THE GRAIN  BUT DON'T APPLY PRESSURE( Going up in the back)!!!!

On my sides of my head. I GO AGAINST THE GRAIN BUT I DON'T APPLY PRESSURE because i'll tend to bleed but it heals quickly.

After i'm done shaiving i rinse off my cool water for about 5 mintues. and then i put baby oil on. rub it in smoothly and also i rub in headlube glossy and i'm done. :)

Offline melkins22

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #434 on: May 06, 2011, 11:24:52 AM »
Some of ya have a pretty time consuming routine...must not have small children anymore :D  I have a 6 week old and a 2 yeard old and there is no way I could take 30 minutes in the bathroom for my shaving routine.  This is what I do:

1.  Take normal shower for 4 minutes or so.
2.  Spread on some Nivea shave gel (no reason just the one I grabbed)
3.  Use my HB and shave it down (With grain then against the grain)
4.  Put on some nivea aftershave lotion and some Aloe lotion with Vit E
5.  Go eat breakfast with my kiddos.
6.  Live life
<>MIKE<>