Author Topic: it's ONLY hairloss!!!  (Read 3583 times)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
it's ONLY hairloss!!!
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »
Think about it, do any of you watch American Most Wanted (AMW)?  That's one of my favourite shows.  You know the host John Walsh, imagine if you were him.  In case you don't know,  John's son Adam was abducted.  Later,  his severed head was found in a drainage canal more than 120 miles away from home. His other remains were never recovered.   :-\

John is still sad about it even though it occured in 1981 when his boy Adam was little.  Today, he would have been a great man.  34 years of age.  Instead, he died at age 7. 
For years and years John has been wondering why would anyone do that to such an innocent child.  John is still sad about it.  Think about it, since 1981 this man has had to live through 2 things.  (1) his little boy, who was expected to grow as a great man, die at such a young age, (2) dealing with the pain of thinking what Adam must have gone through when he was killed, and why anyone would be that to such a child.

Now brothers, that is something difficult to live with.  I have always admired John Walsh for his strength in dealing with Adam's death.   That is seriously probably the most difficult thing to live with.   So, when you compare MPB to that, it is not even close.
Count your blessings, just remember you are in some ways lucky that it's only MPB.
Those here who are fathers will probably understand this more than those of us who are not.  You know how difficult losing a child can be, especially when he was murdered.

So,the biggest advantage of MPB is that it's only MPB. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: it's ONLY hairloss!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:26:05 AM »
Great point!  Kinda morbid, but great point.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:13:57 PM »
yeah Tyler I remember a few years ago when I thought that with hair thinning I should take propecia to keep my hair.   I did some search on it and found this yahoo discussion board where so many men were complaining about the side effects of propecia.   They were angry that even after they quit propecia the problems didn't go away.  The biggest problem was the inability to have an erection.  So those guys with that problem quit propecia but still couldn't get their erections back.     
Now get this, after you stop taking propecia you will lose all the hair you were lucky to keep during your time on propecia.   I did not see one man complain about hairloss when they had those man issues.  Not a single man. 
What a turning point...............what used to be considered a big problem (hair loss) was no longer a big deal when faced with something like erectyie dysfunction.   

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 08:52:12 PM »
There are millions of things worse than hair loss, It just happens to be the hardest non lethal things that a man or woman can go through.  Just watch TLC or something and u'll see people on there with the worst of the worst situations.  and yeah I just said TLC, do something about it
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:29:36 PM by Sean25 »

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »
There are millions of things worse than hair loss, It just happens to be the hardest non lethal things that a man or woman can go through.  Just watch TLC or something and u'll see people on there with the worst or the worst situations.  and yeah I just said TLC, do something about it

lol

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 09:11:39 PM »
I just found out that my roommate has a cyst on his testicle, I will spare you all the gruesome details and just say that doctors aren't sure....
He is still able to have kids no matter what.... but you thoughts and prayers couldn't hurt...
but yea, hairloss seems kinda petty after learning that.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 09:15:48 PM »
I just found out that my roommate has a cyst on his testicle, I will spare you all the gruesome details and just say that doctors aren't sure....
He is still able to have kids no matter what.... but you thoughts and prayers couldn't hurt...
but yea, hairloss seems kinda petty after learning that.
DuffRyder17 ... Sorry to hear about your roommate.  He is in my prayers.  Thank you too for putting things in perspective.  THERE ARE WORSE THINGS.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »
damn sorry to hear about that duff. my PM'in to you seems a little expired after hearing that.

Offline Ftank

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »
I feel God has shown me to be thankful that all I have is hairloss.  A friend of my has a two year old daughter who just had a stroke and is on a feeding tube.  I have absolutly no reason to complain.  Thanks for putting things in perspective with this post.

Frank